What the world needs is more Earth, Wind & Fire on SACD.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Aug 2, 2002.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Let me start off by saying that I do not yet have Earth, Wind & Fire Gratitude on SACD. I just have the remastered CD at this point. Gratitude is very good, but I cannot stop playing the remastered CD of The Best of Earth, Wind & Fire Vol. 1. What an awesome collection of outstanding music from top to bottom. It sounds great, but I can't help but wonder how it would sound on SACD. Sony Music needs to release this one on SACD. However, I am not picky. Some studio albums would be acceptable. [​IMG] Come on Sony! Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?

2. charles white

charles white Second Unit

I had thought The Best of EWF, Volume 1 was available on SACD. I thought I had saw it once. Maybe it was Raise!
    which I would definitely pick up before buying a SACD player.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Charles,

At this point, the only Earth, Wind & Fire album available on SACD is Gratitude.

Thanks for the suggestion of Raise!.

All,

The other day, I saw another Earth, Wind & Fire greatest hits compilation that, as I recall, was rather new (1999 or 2000?). It looks to be more comprehensive than the Vol. 1 disc that I have. I don't have Vol. 2 yet. Does anyone know the newer compilation I am talking about? How is it? Thanks in advance.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

For those interested, I just read that Sony has released The Essential Earth, Wind & Fire two-CD set as part of its Essential series. I am guessing that it is a new release because I did not see it any stores this past weekend. In fact, did it come out today? I will have to pick up this set. I love what Sony is doing with the Essential series. The Miles Davis, Billy Joel, and Bob Dylan sets are great.