What's new

What the world needs is more Earth, Wind & Fire on SACD. (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Let me start off by saying that I do not yet have Earth, Wind & Fire Gratitude on SACD. I just have the remastered CD at this point. Gratitude is very good, but I cannot stop playing the remastered CD of The Best of Earth, Wind & Fire Vol. 1. What an awesome collection of outstanding music from top to bottom. It sounds great, but I can't help but wonder how it would sound on SACD. Sony Music needs to release this one on SACD. However, I am not picky. Some studio albums would be acceptable. :) Come on Sony! Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?

cwhite

Second Unit
I had thought The Best of EWF, Volume 1 was available on SACD. I thought I had saw it once. Maybe it was Raise!
which I would definitely pick up before buying a SACD player.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Charles,

At this point, the only Earth, Wind & Fire album available on SACD is Gratitude.

Thanks for the suggestion of Raise!.

All,

The other day, I saw another Earth, Wind & Fire greatest hits compilation that, as I recall, was rather new (1999 or 2000?). It looks to be more comprehensive than the Vol. 1 disc that I have. I don't have Vol. 2 yet. Does anyone know the newer compilation I am talking about? How is it? Thanks in advance.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
For those interested, I just read that Sony has released The Essential Earth, Wind & Fire two-CD set as part of its Essential series. I am guessing that it is a new release because I did not see it any stores this past weekend. In fact, did it come out today? I will have to pick up this set. I love what Sony is doing with the Essential series. The Miles Davis, Billy Joel, and Bob Dylan sets are great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.