What's new

What the **** was up with the Orange bowl halftime show?(even more about Ashlee.....) (1 Viewer)

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
I know this is related to the Ashlee thread, but it's about more than her. What exactly was going on with the halftime show? First, Kelly Clarkson started singing....at least I THINK she started singing. I saw her mouth moving......and the dancers moving...but there was NO sound!!! She's trying to listen too as if she wasn't hearing herself either...:frowning:. Then, you hear some guy on national TV say,"testing...1,2." Then all of a sudden we start to hear Kelly, but the entire song she's fighting the mike......and the mike wins. Then she steps off......then Trace Adkins starts.....and he has problems with HIS sound.

However, let's get to the best......MORE Ashlee:frowning: :angry: . She sounded HORRIBLE.......this was 1 time where she should have used a backing track(can't believe I just wrote THAT). She gets Booed roundly as she leaves the stage.....does anyone think she actually has ANY kind of career left? What exactly was she even doing there? Her sister walking around for 2!!! minutes would have been better than what she did......hell, Jessica wouldn't even have had to sing and that still would have been better.Along with everything the BS...er, BCS foists upon us with a truly awful matchup(still think Auburn shoulda been in the game....not that they win, but I bet it's better than what we got), they gave us a truly memorable halftime show........probably the worst EVER seen. Anyone else's thoughts about it? Like another poster said in the football thread, "someone won't have a job tomorrow." UGH.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Hate to break it to a lot of folks...but in most "big production" half time shows like this one, the artists on stage Lip Synch. They have to really because the delay inherent in the Stadium PA system and all of the coordinated dancing and fireworks, etc...

Anyone notice Ashlee had a very large wind screen over the end of her microphone...enough to "try" to hide the fact that her mouth may not be in synch with what was being sung as the TV cameras did a close-up. But the camera caught her again from the side and there was one section where she was obviously not "in synch" with her pre-record. (DESPITE the fact that reports say she did NOT lip synch this show). I don't believe it from what I saw. I would have to see it again.

I noticed the boos too and laughed. Everyone at the resturant I was in laughed when she started performing and loved the fact that she got booed at the end. It was priceless really. Her career is over in my opinion.

I say...bring back the college bands and show their entire halftime shows on TV. They are much more entertaining and a lot more work goes into the bands than these cookie cutter rock shows, made for TV. Believe me, I speak from many years of college marching band experience and performing at bowl games, etc...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The audience even booed Ashlee's name when PA guy announced the line up just before the Kelly no-sound incident.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
All I know is us people on the East Coast are hating it this morning after 2 late nights of football and having to wake up early for work...:frowning:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Only one night here -- last night's game was such a blowout that I went to bed in the early 3rd quarter with USC up 45-10.

I couldn't stop laughing at Simpson getting booed. I'm not sure which performance was worse -- the halftime show or Oklahoma's play.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
On ESPN radio they talked about her performance this morning. They played a part of it and the booing at the end. She was terrible.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

Worked in mine too... and I wish it hadn't. That was painful.

She obviously is determined to not-lip sync since the SNL fiasco. Unfortunately.. she can't sing. Part of me feels bad for her because she can't win either way. But most of me feels a sadistic pleasure knowing she is only on stage trying to ride on her sister's coat tails... who can sing, even though she might be dumber than a sack of wet doorknobs.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
The problem is 95% of the pop genre can't sing. Especially the girls. It's all about cute and that only can go so far as it's bound to come up short eventually.
They keep trying to come up with these over the top shows that almost always fail.

I say go back to the cheerleading days of the giant cheerleader pyramids and human kaleidoscopes.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
This was a trainwreck that's for sure. I didn't even see all of it, I just happened to flip to it towards the end and not 3 seconds after I did I knew it was going horribly.

I wish the game had been more entertaining, but awful, just awful.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ding, ding, ding!

I agree, bring out the college bands again. I didn't tune in to watch Ashlee, or U2's "world premiere"--I wanted to watch a damned college football game and halftime school band shows are part and parcel of the tradition!

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Ok, to give Ashley a little bit of benefit of the doubt, if you look in the video clip, you can see that she has pulled her in-ear monitors out of her ears. I would assume due to problems with sound, which had happened earlier. So, at that point, she cannot hear herself at all. And, she is probably trying to sing loud enough to hear herself. Thus, the out of tune and the cracking voice!

With the volume levels there, I doubt anyone could have sang well. But, I would also question the person who thought Ashely would be a good choice for a college bowl game. She's more aimed at the pre-teen girl set.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

With her "look" and the anarchy symbol, it seems like she wants to be goth or punk or something, but it's still incredibly bad. I saw just the last few seconds of the perfomance some photos and she had dancers and such, pretty stupid.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor

Bingo. I don't know how anyone could've come to the conclusion that that was a lip-synch after viewing the footage. She was clearly singing, however horribly. Normally, the logical thing to do in such a performance is lipsynch, and no one would've batted an eye. However, with Ashlee being who she is, I figured her (and her management) decided to forego that to sort of 'prove' something.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Even if you can sing, if you can't hear yourself, you will suck - I speak from experience. I haven't seen the clip, but there are a few reasons why camera and music may not sync in a live broadcast, not the least of which is the on air time delay. I'm curious now...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks