What's new

What the name of this song?!? Help!! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
I have no idea what the title of this song is, but it came out in the 80's or early 90's and the singer just "talked" about all of his prior girlfriends.
He mentioned them all by name and what had become of them (one was something like: "Judy moved to O-hi-o").
Anyone know the name of this song and the artist??

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Could it be Walk on the Wild Side by Lou Reed?
On that note, I once heard a folk song (60's? 70's?) that had a similar format of name dropping. It was sung by a woman, but I have no idea who it is. Any ideas?
[Edited last by Alex Spindler on November 04, 2001 at 01:34 AM]

Blake G

Agent
Hi there! I think the song you are looking for is 'Eighty-eight lines about forty-four women' by the Nails, a new wave pseudo punk band from the early 80's? I think??? Apparently taken from Jim Carrol (of Basketball Diaries fame) and his poetry, or at least that is what I hazily remember from college. Anyway, its a fun song, and can be found on TONS of compilation CDs nowadays.
Hope this helped,
Blake

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Well damn, you did solve one of my unasked musical queries (developing a list of songs to aquire). However, that wasn't the exact song. This one was a pretty square folk song and could have been sung by Joan Baez for all I know.
Thanks though, that Nails tune rocks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks