What's new

What The Heck Is My True Weight? (1 Viewer)

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Given all of the health and exercise-related posts, I thought this might be a good place to ask. :)
Something I have trouble determining is my true weight. Before my exercice routines (after work), I weigh ~179 to 183#s. After my routine, I weigh 174 to 176#s. In the mornings, I can weigh between 182 to 178#s. The interesting thing is that this range is consistent. I have kept track over the last three weeks.
How can I determine my true weight? Believe me, eating is not a problem; I am definitely not aneroxic (sp)!
EDIT - No offense meant by the aneroexic (sp) comment. :b

Kyle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
I also keep track of mine closely. You are probably losing water weight during routine (sweat). I always go by my weight in the morning and just compare it to the next morning to see if I have lost. I check before I drink anything/breakfast. Just my 2 cents :)

DennisHP

Second Unit
One generally held belief is that your weight when you get up in the morning, or whenever you get up, is your true weight.

Brad_V

Second Unit
Yep, in the morning is the best time to measure. Just like your true height, btw. Gravity compresses you as the day goes on, so if you measure your height at the end of the day you might be shorter than in the morning.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Some great comments -- thanks for help guys. :)
Chris, I will take your suggestion. I will tally up the results after say, 3 weeks time. The scale is a medical scale, BTW, available at the gym.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Morning average over a period of time would be the most accurate IMO. Say take a work week, so 5 days, of morning weigh in times. Then average them.... Everyone will have some fluctuation so dont worry too much ;)
KyleS

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
I weigh in for my trainer at the gym every Wednesday at 11:00 so I take that as my official weight. I weigh myself a couple of times each day to watch the fluctuations but I don't count it unless I can do it on Wednesday.
I find it interesting that Friday is my lowest weight of the week and I usually gain a pound or two by Monday. Work related stress - yeah, that's it! :)

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
It seems like I always put on the same amount of weight every day. 172 in the morning, 176 at night. It's been that way for 4 years now.

my question a.) where does the four pounds go overnight if i haven't (ahem) put away the groceries? It can't all be water, can it?

I've also intentionally loaded up on food at dinner to see if it would change my nighttime weight. It didn't work.

Maybe I just have a crappy scale.

Another question. How much does the average person's waste (the only polite term I can think of) weigh? Shouldn't my weight drop a pound or two after a particularly substantial session?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks