What's new

What the fuzz is going on with my HITACHI 60V500A LCD? (1 Viewer)

JoseV

Auditioning
I just bought the HITACHI and the picture is great from 15 to 12 feet but once you walk upto you start noticing a little fuzz around letters and numbers. Here are 2 examples I watched the NFL sunday ticket games and you can see a little fuzz around the scoreboard on the corner of the screen. The second example was when I watched The Pirates of the Caribbean. I noticed fuzz around the credits as they were scrolling up at the end of the movie. Is this normal? How can I get rid of that or fix it? I like my tv and the style but the fuzz has got to go or it's gonna annoy the heck out of me. Help......

Adam_mmm

Agent
I saw this same thing when i viewed this unit in cc, i was very unimpressed because they had a soccer game playing and the fuzz was following the soccer players on the field.
I asked the salesman if it was a standard feed and he said it was hd but i was just to close to the unit. i also looked at the sony 50 lcd and did not see this. i would definetly consider returning it.

JoseV

Auditioning
Yeah i'm considering it alright. The TV looks very cool and I thought that it was just a minor thing but the more I look at the fuzz the more I'm considering returning it. I saw it also on the panasonic but not really noticeable on the sony lcd. I thought maybe it was just the feed so i changed the rca direct tv receiver output to the tv using svideo instead of coax and it did improve a little but the fuzz is still very viewable. I could get a product like avia to adjust this but it may not even help in this case. What bothers me the most is that I expected better after spending $4700 altogether with stand, warranty, and taxes. I'm gonna try the avia tool, if that doesn't work I'm returning it for a SONY or waiting to save cash for the plasma. I appreciate any suggestions...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks