What the fuzz is going on with my HITACHI 60V500A LCD?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JoseV, Dec 3, 2003.

1. JoseV

JoseV Auditioning

I just bought the HITACHI and the picture is great from 15 to 12 feet but once you walk upto you start noticing a little fuzz around letters and numbers. Here are 2 examples I watched the NFL sunday ticket games and you can see a little fuzz around the scoreboard on the corner of the screen. The second example was when I watched The Pirates of the Caribbean. I noticed fuzz around the credits as they were scrolling up at the end of the movie. Is this normal? How can I get rid of that or fix it? I like my tv and the style but the fuzz has got to go or it's gonna annoy the heck out of me. Help......

2. Adam_mmm

Adam_mmm Agent

I saw this same thing when i viewed this unit in cc, i was very unimpressed because they had a soccer game playing and the fuzz was following the soccer players on the field.
    I asked the salesman if it was a standard feed and he said it was hd but i was just to close to the unit. i also looked at the sony 50 lcd and did not see this. i would definetly consider returning it.

3. JoseV

JoseV Auditioning

Yeah i'm considering it alright. The TV looks very cool and I thought that it was just a minor thing but the more I look at the fuzz the more I'm considering returning it. I saw it also on the panasonic but not really noticeable on the sony lcd. I thought maybe it was just the feed so i changed the rca direct tv receiver output to the tv using svideo instead of coax and it did improve a little but the fuzz is still very viewable. I could get a product like avia to adjust this but it may not even help in this case. What bothers me the most is that I expected better after spending $4700 altogether with stand, warranty, and taxes. I'm gonna try the avia tool, if that doesn't work I'm returning it for a SONY or waiting to save cash for the plasma. I appreciate any suggestions...