What's new

What the #$*! Do We Know!? On DVD? (1 Viewer)

Ronn.W

Second Unit
Does anybody know when this movie will be released on DVD or what might be on the disc?

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
The film is a hoax...

--from Roger Ebert's Movie Answer Man coloumn:

Q. While the film "What the #$*! Do We Know!?" parades itself as a tell-all about quantum physics, it turns out that it's actually a 111-minute infomercial for ... that's right, the Ramtha School of Enlightenment. In fact, the three filmmakers, [William] Arntz, [Betsy] Chasse and [Mark] Vicente, are all devotees of Ramtha.

There's little to no accurate science in the film, and, as a physicist pointed out recently in your Answer Man column, the individuals who are quoted are pretty far from qualified experts on the field of quantum mechanics. Case in point: One of the persons expounding on causality and quantum physics (Dispenza) is a chiropractor. The film's sole purpose appears to be to promote the ideology of the Ramtha School of Enlightenment. A quick browse through their Web site will clearly demonstrate that the film's pseudoscientific nonsense comes straight from the teachings of the RSE.

Rubin Safaya, Edina, Minn.

A. Several other readers also unmasked the documentary as a hoax. I knew there had to be something fishy when the expert who made the most sense was channeling a 35,000-year-old seer from Atlantis.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Maybe not a hoax so much as carefully concealed PR for a fair bunch of kooks (I hesitate to call them a "cult" for I find it damn near impossible to differentiate so-called "cults" from any other organized religious group). There's a long write-up on it at Salon, but you'll have to watch a commercial to gain access to the full article: http://archive.salon.com/ent/feature...eep/index.html

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I heard Fox was looking into the right for home video. NO official word yet though.

Aside from its content- I think yhe film is worthwhile for its presentation-- aspiring film and graphics people could take a good deal of inspiration from the way the info is presented, imho.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"I hesitate to call them a "cult" for I find it damn near impossible to differentiate so-called "cults" from any other organized religious group."

I'm a confirmed Catholic. Today is Thursday. Apparently I have another cult meeting on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks