1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

What the deal with the "Mr. Brown" Reservoir Dogs DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Olstein, Aug 26, 2002.

1. David Olstein

All the ads I've seen only mention four different covers for the Reservoir Dogs DVD: Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi), Mr. White (Harvey Keitel), Mr. Blonde (Michael Madsen) and Mr. Orange (Tim Roth). But Amazon.com shows a fifth version, with Mr. Brown (Quentin Tarantino) on the cover. How rare is this version supposed to be? I assume that its contents are the same as all the others, right?

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

The Mr. Brown cover is a "limited" item with Quentin Tarintino's signature printed on it.

3. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

extras are the same. As far as how limited it was never stated by Artisan. I would assume 10,000 copies only because Anchor Bay tends to use that number. But who knows thats just a guess.

4. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

I guess calling it "limited" is the only way they could move that ugly cover! Not only is QT hard on the eyes, but they actually went and found the sh*ttiest brown color they could for the package.

5. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

agreed Patrick,

by the way all dvds are 'limited'

6. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    I still want to know where Mr. Blue is!

7. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

I presume it is just the card outer sleeve that is limited ?
    As it had a standard double amray case inside, I presume this remains on sale with unaltered content when the sleeves have run out. Like Artisans Metal Cover for T2 ?

8. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

One of the smaller HMVs in Toronto has around 20 of each of the covers in stock - including 20 Mr. Browns.

I get the sneaking suspicion the Mr. Browns are only limited in comparison to the other covers, but are still abundant in quantity.

9. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

"Limited Edition" may also mean that the Mr. Brown cover is initially as abundant as the others, only to be phased out at a later time.

10. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

all i know is that i'm gonna leave work for a while...do a quick jot to my local bb as soon as they open (what time do they open anyway? 10:00am?), and find mr. brown.

since the movie is all about qt, it would only be appropriate to get mr brown...although i think mr. pink is my favorite character.

11. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

My wife just got back from picking up Mr. Pink for me at the local BB. All they had was Pink & Blonde. She asked one of the employees, and they told her that those are the only ones they got in. She then asked for Return of the Living Dead, and was told the copy they gave her was the only one they had. I need to run back out with the $5 GC and pick up Schoolhouse Rock, so I might doublecheck to see if that's all they really got, or if they were just giving her a quick, easy answer.

12. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Picked up Mr. Brown at the HMV at First Canadian Place downtown. There looked to be more of them than the others. Mind you, I was rushing through as I was on my way to work so I didn't really look too hard. It was basically grab it and go.[​IMG]

13. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I just got back from Circuit City (in NY)and they had all Mr Browns/Tarantino covers and 1 Mr Blonde.

14. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I think the different slipcovers is a cool idea if a bit gimmicky. I'd like to have them all, so it'd be nice if Artisan was providing some sort of mail-in offer with which you could get the covers you don't have. And why no Mr. Blue cover? [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

16. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

just got back from bb. i was bustin' up...there must have been about six of us there specifically for this dvd - waiting at 10am until the store opened.
    we all scrambled in and did a very-fast-walk/run to the dvd sectiion.
    luckily, they had about eight mr. browns. they had a ton of mr. pinks and i think some mr. blondes.
    i am very glad i got there when i did.

17. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

The Best Buy I shop at had 2 Mr. Browns but they were both gone by 1:00 p.m.

The Costco I went to to get Schoolhouse Rock had 5 Mr. Browns, so I broke down and got it. I had pretty much convinced myself that the mediocre reviews of this title were going to keep me from buying it.

Now I just have to decide if the "collector's value" of the Mr. Brown cover is enough to keep me from opening it.

18. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

Ran to BB on my lunch break. They actually had all the covers, although I was told the same thing my wife was. I've decided to just stick with Mr. Pink. Surprisingly, Mr. White was the least numerous of the "non-limited" covers. There were two of him, two Browns, and plenty of the other three.

19. TysonK

TysonK Agent

I called my local BB at 10:30am and asked how many Mr. Brown versions they had in stock. They said they got 10 but only have 4 left. I arrived at BB at 11:15 am and saw only 2 browns left. I grabbed one and a few seconds later someone grabbed the last one. I guess I made it just in time. They had a ton of pinks and lots of the other colors. The brown color is ugly but it's limited. My second choice would have been blonde.

20. Joseph_mx

Joseph_mx Stunt Coordinator

Well, I picked up Mr. Brown (for the limited issue) and Mr. Pink because he is the cool one in the movie.