What's new

What the Deal with "Singin' in the Rain: Remastered Edition" (1 Viewer)

James D S

Screenwriter
I was browsing through the ColumbiaHouse catalog and came across this. It claims the disc includes an 8-page book and a 'special look at the making-of.'
Is this the older keepcase version? I was not aware that it had a making-of doc.
I think ColumbiaHouse goofed on this as I surely would have heard news on this forum if a SE was in the works.
Although, if it is just the keepcase version, I still may pick it up to replace this shoddy snapper with the horrible cover 'art.' :)
Any clues?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've not picked up either one (I know; I should), but I've seen (yes, recently) both the keepcase MGM copy and the snapper WB copy in stores. Both are identical. Like many other MGM discs that they transferred the rights back to WB, all WB did was stick the exact same disc in the snapper and start selling it. Usually the same cover art and everything, but not always. Examples: Westworld, Forbidden Planet, Gone With The Wind, Brainstorm, 2001, Christmas Story, How The West Was Won, National Velvet.
I'm not sure what you've got from CH there, but it sounds like it's the same thing. The "special look at the making of" usually IS the 8-Page booklet in the keepcase, which of course WB could not pass along in their snappers. That's why I tend to pay extra for the MGM versions when I can find them. In your shoes I'd get it!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

[Edited last by David Lambert on September 06, 2001 at 05:28 AM]

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Damn, MGM was right! Those booklets ARE collectible!
biggrin.gif
And here everyone made fun of them....
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

James D S

Screenwriter
Mark,
Yep. You don't know what you have until it's gone. :)
I think you're right David. This "Remastered Edition" is the same disc that's been available for quite some time. Those chaps down in marketing are earning their paycheck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks