What the #$BLEEP*! Do We Know?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vince Maskeeper, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Has anyone seen this film? It's screening in a limited number of theaters, but I have heard really great things about thet style, animation and editing. I'm going to try to see it this weekend. I didn't realize Chris Franke did the music...

http://www.whatthebleep.com

Anyone heard of it? Anyone seen it?

2. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

I've heard of it and read quite a bit about it on the net but haven't seen it. Beware you don't become indoctrinated by the cult that is behind this film! [​IMG] It's been playing at Seattle's UPTOWN theater for ages.

It does sound really interesting, though, and it appears to be much more thoughtful than the endless stream of action movies and romantic comedies.

3. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I didn't know anyone knew this guy outside of us Babylon 5 fans [​IMG]. I just checked on ebay, his credits (mostly TV) are pretty extensive...

--
    H

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

And, of course, Tangerine Dream fans! [​IMG]

Actually- one of my best friends is Chris's assistant and works doing bookkeeping for the Franke family-- so I usually keep a closer eye on what he's up to and working on.

-V

5. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler

Exactly. Known about this cat for years.

6. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Supporting Actor

A friend of mine from Vancouver saw this in Seattle (IIRC) a long time ago with his girlfriend and both of them came out rolling their eyes at what they said was the abundance of questionable pseudoscience on display. They and I have an affinity for bad science (even though we're not scientists) and when he mentioned the film also delved into the constantly debunked "science" of water crystals, my interest in seeing it was stoked even more. His basic opinion was that, despite eschewing religious dogma, the film had the unmistakable touchy-feely vibe and overly polished look of higher-end religious films, where the converted hire mid-level talents to help spread the word. That said, I'm hoping it at least turns up on DVD some day.

And for those unfamiliar with water crystals, this bit of backgrounder comes from the movie's website (click "water crystals" in the left-side column)

Hopefully this film will make it's way off the Left Coast so the rest of us can decide if any good!

(and Christopher Franke did a pretty good score for TENCHI MUYO: THE MOVIE).

7. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

Brian,

According to the official site, a multi-disc DVD set (with extended interview segments) is in the works.