what system to buy

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Adam McClure, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Adam McClure

Adam McClure Auditioning

Hi I am fairly new to the home theater market and am wondering what to buy. I am looking at an Onkyo SR503 receiver or a Denon AVR 485 receiver coupled with either Harman Kardon HTKS 14 5.1 setup or the Aperion Intimus 422/S-8 Compact Home Theater System. There is quite a price difference between the Harman Kardons and the Aperions and I am trying to justify to myself the price difference. Anything anyone could tell me about how either one of these speaker systems sound along with whether or not they think these particular receivers would go well with them or not would be very much appreciated. It is really a shame because I can not find anywhere to listen to these speakers without actually purchasing them first.

2. jim_W

jim_W Stunt Coordinator

I have a pair of the Aperion 422's in my living as a music system and have heard the 422 system at the HE show. The 422 system is a very pleasing system for both it's size and price. I think you will be pleasantly suprised by it! I am not familar with the HK system you mention, but I would put my money on the Aperion's. With their 30-day trial period, all you have to lose is your time. I also own a full 522 HT system with PT's.