What Subwoofer Does Everybody Have?

Johnny_M

Second Unit
Reaction score
athena s300, open box for $100, normally 300 i think. Great starter woofer for me.

Johnny

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Klipsch RSW15

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
B4+ or Everest, still mulling it over.

Gonna get a Behringer EP2500 (2400 watts) amp to power it.

Shane Martin

Producer
Reaction score
Nothing right now, soon to be a Pb2+ or Ultra if I can convince the SO
Maybe the black finish on the pb2+ will do it

Previously owned: M&K Mx90.

Ryan T

Second Unit
Reaction score
DIY ported tempest sono sub (tuned 16 Hz), and a DIY 10" titanic 2 cu ft box ported (tuned 27 Hz). Then I also have this "sub" that came with my logitech Z-5300s

Ryan

Rutgar

Second Unit
Reaction score
I currently have two Velodyne ULD-15's. These units are two of Velodyne's older products, but at one time was their top of the line subs. They have a very "musical" warm sound, and never wimp out.

On my "wish list" is the new Velodyne "Digital Drive" Subs. Not only do these new subs come with Velodyne's 1250 Watt built-in amp, but has video out, digital E.Q., a microphone, and a dedicated remote control. They can be "tuned" to smooth out peaks and dips in the bass region, and be made to sound great in almost "any" room! No need for an external "BFD" (parametric equalizer). One of the current Home Theater magazines (I can't remember it's exact name) says this new Sub is as innovative as the invention of the airplane. No more "boomy" bass, or "dropouts".

Personally, I'm drooling just thinking about them, but at $4000.00 MSRP for the 15" model, it will be while before I can get a pair.

- Rutgar

Kha:T

Agent
Reaction score
I currently have an Earthquake Supernova MKIV 10" and a HSU STF-2. I used to have a Mirage MS12.

Like Rutgar, that new Velodyne sub is my "dream sub." I read about it in some home theater magazine 2 weeks ago. There was even a pic in the magazine, showing the frequency response graph on a TV monitor and where adjustments should be made. That's extremely user-friendly, neat & cool for lazy bums like me. But damn, at $4,000 a pop, I'd need to skip a lot of lunches. Make that breakfasts and lunches.
Maybe breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.

Rogelio D

Agent
Reaction score
Dual SVS PB2+

More bass than I'll ever need.

That is until I think I need to upgrade again. lol

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Johnal
No sub yet...right now I just make my roomate start jumping up and down and tapping on the walls whenever an explosion occurs in a movie.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frugalfart