what sub to use?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by daibachin, Nov 17, 2003.

1. daibachin

daibachin Auditioning

Hello... I am looking to get a sub for my system.. currently I have a pair of Kef Q55 for the front powered by Elite VSX-21.. I've heard I should stay w/ the same speakers brand as the one I m using... but does this rule also apply to sub?
    and what size of a sub should I get? My living room is not big.. probably 600 to 800 sq feet I guess... so wut would u recommend? 10 inch enough?
    any input will be appreciated =)

2. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

You only need timbre-matching through the midbass, midrange, and treble. The brand of the sub does not matter as long as it delivers the proper performance characteristics (powerful, "tight", extended) and is not undersized for your system. The popular brand here is SVS. You might be very happy with one of their powered cylinder subs or PB1-ISD units. It will certainly provide all the sub you need, and the prices are very reasonable for what you get.

3. daibachin

daibachin Auditioning

Great! thanks
    so where is the good (cheap) place to get this sub locally (I live in Vancouver, BC) or online?
    thanks =)

4. Roger Q

Roger Q Stunt Coordinator

SV Subwoofers only sells through the Internet. They're at (www) SVSubwoofers (dot com). I entered that way so the forum would accept it.

I started shopping for a sub a few weeks ago. After reading several threads here and elsewhere (e.g. HomeTheaterSpot) I will definitely be getting an SVS.

The members on these forums are an awesome source of info.