What's new

what sub should i get (1 Viewer)

Paul Campione

Auditioning
i have an athena p-400 (10") sub right now and it just isnt cutting it in my large 24x24 room. I like allot of base and was thinking about getting the velodyne cht-12 (12") or the velodyne cht-15 (15"). I'm worried that the cht-15 wont be as good for music as the cht-12, is this true? And do you have any better sudjestions for a sub under $800 that compares to velodyne. Thanks.

KeithYates

Auditioning
In the upcoming issue of Home Theater magazine I launch the first installment of a 2-part feature on 8 subs -- real measurements & listening tests, absolutely free of contamination by room acoustics -- and several are near or a little under $800. They include the Canton AS50SC, NHTSW12, JBL Studio 120PII, Earthquake SuperNova 10 MkIV. Also included, but a little over the $800 mark, are the Velodyne SPL-1000 Series II, Triad InRoom Silver, Totem Thunder and Adire Sadhara. Part 1 should be on the newsstands within a matter of days. Hope it's helpful!

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
SVS PB1
Any SVS PC series sub
SVS 25-31 PC+
Hsu VTF-2 or VTF-3 (not the rosewood one which is $1000+)

I'm sure you'll get plenty of other suggestions too.

Good luck.

Ozzie_Sheikh

Auditioning
I was debating between a Velo CHT-12 and SVS 25-31 PCi. At the end, I decided what the hey, lets try the SVS. Now, it is a permenent residence in my HT. :).

Rus Bowisc

Stunt Coordinator
I recently put together a 5.1 HT on a low-mid budget... and got a CHT-15 for about $517. At this price, it works very well. This will hold me off until I can upgrade to a PB2+ next year.

If you're not looking to spend a lot of money, The Velodyne CHT Series is good option.

Rus

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks