What's new

What sub do you use with your Martin Logans (1 Viewer)

I currently have a set of ML Aeons for mains and in the stages of planning my next upgrade. What MLs do you have and what sub do you use and why??

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
I use a Sunfire Signature crossed over at its lowest setting (30HZ is what it says) with my SL-3s. I use this sub because it has high output, is small which allows it to be hidden behind my TV in the corner of the room, and was one of the better subs on the market when I purchased it almost 4 years ago. Had SVSs been as big as they are now, I might have gotten an Ultra instead. With MLs the most important thing is to make sure the crossover on the sub is set properly. The bass of MLs is great, tighter than most subs, until you reach 30-40hz stuff...using the sub to complement the lowest octive is your best bet.

Todd

John Royster

Screenwriter
I have a pair of reQuests. I turn off the sub when listening to music as the speakers have more than enough bass.

sub used is sony WAM40 or something like that, but is only on during DD or DTS.

Duke

Stunt Coordinator
When I had my ML's I used a M&K sub, they are a sealed box, very quick and pure of tone. They play low and right.

John A. Casler

Second Unit
A friend of mine has the Ascents. He uses a SuperNova MKIV 15" Sub.

It is placed between the two speakers in a very large V-shaped (horn like) amp stand. He has a CineNova amp sitting atop the structure.

The quality of bass with this "sonic director" is pretty incredible at the listening position.

It is tight, dry and "physical".

I think this amp stand/horn is the secret.

John Casler

DannyL

Stunt Coordinator
svs 20-39+ with my sl3's. the svs provides very tight clean bass which the sl3's definitely lack.

LarrySkelly

Stunt Coordinator
Have a pair of reQuests, and a pair of SVS 16-46CS's. Using an external xover to cross over to the subs as low as possible.

For msuic I almost always turn the subs off, I like the reQuests on their own.

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks