What's new

what sub ($300-$400) recommended with this setup?? (1 Viewer)

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

Here is the system

Onkyo 600
Monitor 7's- mains
Mini Monitors- surround
CC370- center

I am now in search of a sub. Currently my one choice is the Adire Rava. However if there is some other subs some of you may recommend, in the $300 or so price range, I would most appreciate it.

I use my system for %60 music and 40 HT. I like bass but I don't like it drowning out everything else either.
Anyway any help would be most appreciated as always. My room is small to meduim size. Approx 23ft length, 16or so ft width, so it is rectangular pretty much.

Thanks

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Eric,

The Rava is the only sub that I know of that I would even consider at this time in the $400 price range.

Brian

StanleyW

Stunt Coordinator
i am selling my mint 20-39cs. got it this january. it has the new driver. i don't think i need to tell you how good this sub is. since you are in nj you can pick it up for $300. spend the other hundred on a plate amp and you got yourself a great setup. lmk. thanks.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Eric, I'd jump on Stanley's offer really quick. Grab a PE 300-794 and make sure the boost is disabled and you will have one hell of a sub for just a little over $400.

Before I saw that option I was gonna ask if you could pull off DIY. I recently built a sub that would be very close to a 20-39CS with the ISD for about $350.

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Dustin,

I probably could pull off a DIY sub but I don't have the tools to assemble the casing etc. Plus that I have never even done such a thing so I am not sure it is something I'd want to try only to mess something up.

As far as getting a plate amp as Stanley suggests, what does that do for it, how hard is it to put on, if that's what you need to do etc.

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Ok I know why it needs a plate amp seeing as it is not a powered sub.

Also, how good is this sub for music in comparison to HT

StanleyW

Stunt Coordinator
hey eric. you don't need to put the plate amp on the svs. you are going to use it as an external amp. i just suggested a plate amp cause they are usually cheaper then a regular amp. where in nj are you? i am in queens in nyc. the svs i have is in perfect condition. you are not going to find a svs cheaper anywhere. since you can see the sub before you buy it you don't have to take my word for it. come over look at it and i even hook it up and let you audition it. let me know.

StanleyW

Stunt Coordinator
i didn't see your second reply. guess we posted it at the same time. this sub is great for ht and very good for music. if you have been reading about svs's here on htf you will know that although they are known for it performance in ht, they more then hold their own for music. like i said before don't take my word for it. come over and take a listen. you are more then welcome. just in case you want to know, i am selling it because i am upgrading to a cs ultra.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks