1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What studio will Disney buy next?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by John*Wells, Nov 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Message #21 of 23 Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    John*Wells

John*Wells Screenwriter

John
    I agree. Disney need look no further than Ted Turner buying Jim Crockett Promotions to see what a bad business decision buying WWE would be.

if Vince wanted to sell WWE, He could sell to Comcast since they control USA network. But, I doubt Comcast would want it either

2. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    This looks like the idle speculations of a former semi-insider.

I don't know how much this former wrestler knows about business outside of the wrestling (or more general sports/entertainment) category. Unless this guy has seen what the books inside the wwe company actually looks like currently AND has some insider information about what the largest shareholders are thinking, then this isn't much more than an armchair quarterback puff piece.

3. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    If there's too many problems inside the wwe company, Vince and family will not get a good buying price from anybody.

From reading some sec filings, Vince and family own classB shares in WWE which has 10 votes per share. In contrast the generic classA common stock shares of WWE only has 1 vote per share.

(scroll down to page 37)

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1091907/000120677419000687/wwe3502591-def14a.htm?mod=article_inline

So essentially Vince is the only one who can make any decisions to sell the company entirely.

The question is whether the wwe company is worth much of anything if Vince is not around (such as if he dies).