What's new

What store has the best games buy-back? (1 Viewer)

Dave Mark

Stunt Coordinator
I just got an XBOX for Christmas and have now begun to accumulate more games than I need. I trade some, but sothers I'd just prefer to sell-back/trade-in to the local stores.

What is the typical buy-back percentage stores such as EB, Software etc., FYE, and local shops buy games back at and who has the best deal?

I know sports games lose their value fairly quickly (I got $16 store credit for Madden 2003 last month at Software Etc.), but what about greatest hits titles and premium titles (Splinter, Nightfire, Vice City, and the like)?

Dave Mark

Stunt Coordinator
I've actually made a couple of trades this week. I'm still curious as to what different stores give back on used games. Anyone?

James T

Screenwriter
At EB, I sold Metal Gear Solid: Substance and got $17 CDN. This was when it was priced for $40 used, 50 new.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I've actually made a couple of trades this week. I'm still curious as to what different stores give back on used games. Anyone?
Most of them rip you off pretty bad. Generally, you'll get back around 1/3 of what they sell the game used for, sometimes more, sometimes less. About the highest you'll get is around $30 for a hot game that JUST came out. If you wait a month or two, you'll get $10-20, depending on how demand is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks