What's new

What Steven Seagal Movies is this? (1 Viewer)

FrankT

Stunt Coordinator
I know it is an early movie of his and not "Hard to Kill".

Here is what I remember, which is not much. Steven, at least I think it is him, is standing below some stairs and fires a shotgun and blows off the bottom of some bad guys leg. That is all I remember. Any ideas?

James T

Screenwriter

:D That's pretty much true. Have you also noticed that all of the Steven Seagal box art has the same 3/4 head shot where he's holding a gun?

And sorry to get off topic Frank, I have no clue, but it'll probably be an 80s Segal movie. Just not quite sure since they're all the same.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
That would be Out for Justice (1991).

I have all his early films on dvd... um there was a sale... they were practically giving them away... er um he's a better actor than De Niro, Pacino, Hanks or dare I say it, Jeff Bridges? :b

Greg Black

Second Unit
Heh, I was just about to say Out For Justice, but looks like it's already been taken care of :)

It's my absolute favorite Seagal movie. But don't tell anyone, okay? :b

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
If I had to pick a favorite out of the legendary actor's impressive ouvre, it would be Under Siege (1992), an above average action epic with memorable support from manic Tommy Lee Jones, Gary Busey and Erika Eleniak's tits. :emoji_thumbsup:

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'll agree about "Under Siege", if just that it actually stands out. Unfortunatly, all of his early films seem to meld together in some formless, clay-like object. :D

Jason

FrankT

Stunt Coordinator
Haha thanks for the comments and the title. I just saw one of his movies again and it got me thinking that I did not mind one of them way back in the day but I could not remember much about it.

It is kind of fun revisiting old movies once you mature and have not seen them for a long time. It is funny how I seem more critical about moves but at the same time more forgiving (if that makes any sense). In other words, back in the day I would not give a lot of movies any chance at all but now I just laugh and watch. That being said, I find myself much more picky on what I would call good. I am going to watch OfJ again and see what I think. (I do like his style of fighting).

Anyway, thanks again.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
wait a sec...sounds familiar...I think it had 3 words in the title...does that help? :D

Above the Law
Marked for Death
Hard to Kill
Out for Justice
On Deadly Ground
Fire Down Below
Half Past Dead

who can tell them apart? ;)

Ed Speir IV

Stunt Coordinator
You know what else is funny - you can put "Steven Seagal is" in front of almost every movie he's ever made!!

Steven Seagal is:

Hard to Kill
Above the Law
Out for Justice
The Glimmer Man
On Deadly Ground
Under Siege
Half Past Dead

etc.

I love Seagal's older movies, but his newer ones are downright awful.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
quote:I love Seagal's older movies, but his newer ones are downright awful.

His old stuff is awesome. I own them all. Under Siege, Out for Justice,Above the Law and Marked for Death are just classic action films. I wish they would make some more of those type of action films today. He started going down hill when he made that movie where he was mr nature boy in Alaska. That movie was terrible. I do have to say that I think he made a comeback in Exit Wounds. I really liked that movie and it felt old school Segal was back for a minute.

Shawn_McD

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah the nature stuff was his own political agenda's at work. His old stuff was great, I think he wrote them too.

James T

Screenwriter
All this Steven Seagal talk made me look him up in imdb. Apparently, they are planning an Under Seige 3 where he takes on Muslim terrorists. There's also a heated(racist) discussion on their message boards.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
After studying Aikido for 5 years, I actually appreciated Above the Law as a fairly good snapshot of the martial art. Way over the top, but he uses real moves in his take downs, etc. and the scene in the dojo (intro) could have been right out of a real practice. Obviously it's been Hollywood-ized, but the real stuff was being used.

I liked Under Siege too, great B action flick. And Erika E's cake scene doesn't hurt the eyes either.

Most of the rest of the stuff I've seen of his was crap. I don't even see much Aikido in his more recent movies, it's all choreographed hollywood stunts and FX.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't Seagal beaten up by one of his own bodyguards? Or was that Van Damme?

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hey, let's not forget EXECUTIVE DECISION! Probably one of his shortest roles in an action flick. Was I the only one who thought Spoiler:he'd come back somehow even after he got cut loose from the plane? Figured he had a parachute or something, but nope. He be dead!

smile.gif

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Definite number one Steven Seagal flick is UNDER SIEGE!!

I tell ya I don't get why people hate him so much??? He's not an actor but then again neither are half the stars in Hollywood!!

ABOVE THE LAW is a great flick!! UNDER SIEGE2, FIRE DOWN BELOW, EXIT WOUNDS are good too!! I admit to even liking ON DEADLY GROUND (though it is way too preachy but if you don't take the sermon too seriously you can enjoy it).

Outside the B movies like THE PATRIOT and this stuff he's come out with post- EXIT WOUNDS his stuff really isn't that bad!!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
On Deadly Gorund was alright just to watch Michael Cain play a total all out bastard, slumming it for a pay check (JAWS 3D anyone?)

"RUN! RUN YOU BUNCH OF PRICKS!" (My favorite Cain line in any movie ever!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks