What speakers would be a "natural" upgrade from the Energy Take 5.2's?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by salim_N, Jan 16, 2006.

1. salim_N

salim_N Extra

I have the Energy Take 5.2 system (PB-10 sub) in my bedroom, and even with less than ideal placement, they sound great. They're crisp and detailed with excellent clarity. I would like to upgrade to speakers with a similar but "better" sound with improved bottom-end capabilities and wider soundstage.
    I tried the Paradigm Atoms but they didn't work well where I placed them and their sound wasn't my cup of tee though they're very good.

Maybe the Energy connosouirs C-1, Klipsch Reference, Def Tech Procinemas? Any suggestions?

2. Leigh_M

Leigh_M Stunt Coordinator

I haven't listened to the Energy Take 5 speakers, but I have listened to the C-1 and C-3. These two sound great! The fact that they are ported in the front gives you more flexibility in placement. Also, they seem to be on sale these days.

3. mackie

mackie Supporting Actor

Paradigm monitor or studio series. The mini monitors have a great reputation.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Athena B2.2s and the matching center. Athena is made by the same company that makes Energy. Procinemas wouldn't be an upgrade, IMO.

What price range?

SVS SBS-01 package!!

5. salim_N

salim_N Extra

Between $200-$450/pair. I'm more limited by space than by money. If I get speakers heigher than 11" I'll have to ceiling or wall mount them. I know the athenas/Energys use the Macromount system. Do you or anyone else know how CEILING mounting works with these brackets.

I've heard people say the procinema 100's where a good upgrade to the Take 5.2s.No?
    I like the forward, detailed sound of the Takes, don't like speakers that are too laid back.