What speakers to buy...HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_C, Aug 21, 2001.

1. James_C

James_C Agent

I am just starting to get into the home theater subject. I currently have a JVC 8000 receiver, a sony dvd player and infinity speakers. I would like to get a better set of speakers. I would like to spend under $1500 and my space in limited. I have been doing some research on sub/sat packages and I am lost!! Please help! I have herd that Paradigm Cinema and Energy Take 5 are good systems. Does anyone else have any ideas?? Does B & W have a sub/sat system?

2. Roy-BE

Roy-BE Auditioning

Swans Diva have great prices on their speakers.
    http://www.av123.com/popup.html
    For $1500 I would buy 2.1, C3, R3 and HSU sub.
    I've just received my Diva setup (6.1 / 2.1 / R3 / C3) amd I can not stop smiling...
    Roy

3. Mike L-field

Mike L-field Agent

The current issue of Perfect Vision Magazine reviews a $1200 Paradigm system that they describe as "stunning". It consistes of Atoms up front, ADP 170's rear CC-170 and PDR 12 subwoofer. I also own Paradigm Reference and am biased in Paradigm's favor. I started out myself with Paradigm Atoms, still use a pair for front effects in my main system, I would recommend that you check 'em out - they are excellent speakers and right at your price range. You may find speakers that you like better for the same money personal tastes vary a good deal, but the Paradigms are a must listen. I hope this helps.
    ------------------