What's new

What speakers to buy...HELP PLEASE!! (1 Viewer)

James_C

Agent
I am just starting to get into the home theater subject. I currently have a JVC 8000 receiver, a sony dvd player and infinity speakers. I would like to get a better set of speakers. I would like to spend under $1500 and my space in limited. I have been doing some research on sub/sat packages and I am lost!! Please help! I have herd that Paradigm Cinema and Energy Take 5 are good systems. Does anyone else have any ideas?? Does B & W have a sub/sat system?

Mike L-field

Agent
The current issue of Perfect Vision Magazine reviews a $1200 Paradigm system that they describe as "stunning". It consistes of Atoms up front, ADP 170's rear CC-170 and PDR 12 subwoofer. I also own Paradigm Reference and am biased in Paradigm's favor. I started out myself with Paradigm Atoms, still use a pair for front effects in my main system, I would recommend that you check 'em out - they are excellent speakers and right at your price range. You may find speakers that you like better for the same money personal tastes vary a good deal, but the Paradigms are a must listen. I hope this helps.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks