1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What speakers to buy...HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_C, Aug 21, 2001.

1. James_C

James_C Agent

I am just starting to get into the home theater subject. I currently have a JVC 8000 receiver, a sony dvd player and infinity speakers. I would like to get a better set of speakers. I would like to spend under $1500 and my space in limited. I have been doing some research on sub/sat packages and I am lost!! Please help! I have herd that Paradigm Cinema and Energy Take 5 are good systems. Does anyone else have any ideas?? Does B & W have a sub/sat system?

2. Roy-BE

Roy-BE Auditioning

Swans Diva have great prices on their speakers.
    http://www.av123.com/popup.html
    For $1500 I would buy 2.1, C3, R3 and HSU sub.
    I've just received my Diva setup (6.1 / 2.1 / R3 / C3) amd I can not stop smiling...
    Roy

3. Mike L-field

Mike L-field Agent

The current issue of Perfect Vision Magazine reviews a $1200 Paradigm system that they describe as "stunning". It consistes of Atoms up front, ADP 170's rear CC-170 and PDR 12 subwoofer. I also own Paradigm Reference and am biased in Paradigm's favor. I started out myself with Paradigm Atoms, still use a pair for front effects in my main system, I would recommend that you check 'em out - they are excellent speakers and right at your price range. You may find speakers that you like better for the same money personal tastes vary a good deal, but the Paradigms are a must listen. I hope this helps.
    ------------------