What's new

what speakers should I get? (1 Viewer)

George bone

Agent
Hello folk I just bought a Harman Kardon avr-65 surround sound receiver and right now I am looking for a pair of speakers i could have in the front. I am looking for high quality speakers that will match my harman kardon well and blow me off my feet as well as fit my musical prefrences ( I know speakers have different sounds and some are better than others in some areas of music) which are mostly metal
and the occasional oldies like dylan marley sabbath ccr that kind of stuff. I didn't really name a budget because I don't really have one as I am gonna be buying off ebay and prices their vary alot. Looking mainly for floor speakers with good bass cause I don't really want to buy a sub at least not any time soon. also I have some KLH and some Jensen bookshelfs rated at 120w max could I use these for rear surround or do you think it's time to upgrade??? suggestions?
thanks hellez

george.Legeza

Stunt Coordinator
Personally, I'm a fan of the B&W sound. If you're on a very tight budget you might want to look into the B&W DM303s. They cost me $280/pair and are working great as my mains right now - they do a great job for music and aren't bad at all for movies.

If you've got more money to spend you might be interested in something like the B&W 600 series, which I plan to upgrade to for my mains soon. You'll get lots of other suggestions, but I just thought I'd come in and represent the B&W camp first. Fair warning, though, B&W speakers seem to have kind of mellow (weak?) bass, but coupled with a subwoofer you'll have all the punch that you need.

Depending again on how much you're willing to spend I've also heard good things about Rocket (only available online, though) or Paradigm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks