What's new

What speakers should I buy??? (1 Viewer)

Daniel T

Stunt Coordinator
I have an existing HT system I put together when I was in college. I would like to upgrade the speakers. My system is as follows:

1. Receiver H/K AVR55

2. Fronts L/R Bose 301 Series III

3. Center Infinity Sterling

4. Rears Polk RT25

5. Sub Infinity BU2

6. Room Size Width - 15', Depth - 18'

I am trying to find speakers that sound great for about $1,000 budget. The speakers will be set up in my living room so aesthetics are a main concern. I have looked at the Norh 5.1 for mains with Norh 4.0 for center and rears. I would like to keep my sub for now and upgrade later. Would this be a good choice or is there something better out there for this price range. Also, I plan to upgrade my receiver to an Onkyo or Dennon.

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
I would recommend against the bose 301's... I own them and they are not worth the money in my opinion - and I bought them with an employeer discount...

Take a look at the paradigm titans as a possible alternative...

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
i would use polk speakers all round with the same tweeter forget the bose you are lucky that you asked before you bought the bose they roll off the tops there is no tweeter the tweeter they have is a small computer driver they roll off the bottem end to thank you, joe

Daniel T

Stunt Coordinator
The speakers I have listed in my original post are speakers I already own. I bought them years ago. What I am looking to do is upgrage my speakers. I have looked at the Norh 5.1 and Norh 4.0. Thanks for the replies.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Paradigm Mini Monitors Fronts

Paradigm Mini Monitors Rears

Paradigm CC-370

All for about $900. Can't beat it.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Try Klipsch? www.klipsch.com
RB5's and RF3's are great speakers. And many agree that they leave paradigm in the dust!! Oh ya, dont even think about bose. Not wise.

Dan_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I also recommend checking out Axiom speakers; their price to performance ratio, IMHO, is unmatched.
Can buy direct via www.axiomaudio.com
Or, Marc H. at The Audioshop in Ottawa sells them too: www.audioshop.on.ca
I have the M3s, VP100, and M50s and have been extremely impressed; everyone I've shown them to has been left speachless :)

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
I originally ordered the nOhr 5.1 video system in wood...after reading the raves about the 4.0 ceramic video system I changed my order. At $850.00 for the five speakers it is an amazing deal that sounds absolutely fantastic. The only concern would be bass so a sub is a must especially for HT. I have an SVS 20-39CS that blends seamlessly with the nOhrs and have found HT nirvana. Highly recommend nOhr...especially the ceramic 4.0's.

Daniel T

Stunt Coordinator
I want to thank everyone for the comments. I believe I am going to go with the axioms. I have noticed that they have a resonable HT package with the sub. I have not heard anybody mention to much about their subs. Should I just purchase the M3tiSE(mains),QS4se(surrounds),and VP100Se(center), and purchase a different sub later. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dan_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Nice choice Daniel! I assume you're going by the www.AxiomAudio.com price of that package of $1190.00? From what I've heard, the Axiom subs are very musical. I myself didn't go with an Axiom sub strictly because I already was getting a very nice (Pinnacle Digital Sub 350) from a friend. I'm sure you'll be pleased with your setup.
One thing to consider, like I've said before, is to talk with Marc at www.audioshop.on.ca as he's one of the few online vendors for Axiom. It might be cheaper going through him just because of currency conversion as compared to Axiom directs straight scale. I ended up going via him to help my budget. Axiom also sells blemished models via there website too, might be able to know more off that way.
Anyways, good luck!

Daniel T

Stunt Coordinator
Dan_Jones,

Just to let you know I did speak to Marc. He is going to hook me up with a nice set of Axiom speakers. Thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks