What's new

what speakers for a Onkyo 989 do you recommend? (1 Viewer)

Stephan Leuenberger

Auditioning
Thanks for taking time to read this and trying to help me.
I live in Switzerland and after listening to the Onkyo 989 today, I will get a Onkyo TX-DS989.
The salesman recommended Audio Physics for center, front, subwoofer and Visonik for surround speakers.
What speakers would you recommend for this AV receiver? I can spend about us$ 4000 for center, front, subwoofer and surround speakers.
------------------

KyleS

Screenwriter
Unfortunately I cant comment on what is available for what price in Switz, but I would think that you could get ahold of a Norh 4.0 set and a 20-39svs for right around your range including shipping which should blow your socks off. Hopefully someone will jump in here to see what is available locally so you wont have to pay large shipping amounts on both the speakers and the sub.
KyleS

Nick G

Stunt Coordinator
Stephan, you have it backwords. Find speakers you like then choose the receiver. As long as the reciever has enough power to drive the speakers (which the 989 should be able to do for *most* speakers) sound quality is 99% speakers and room acoustics.
Regards, Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks