What's new

what speaker would you use? (1 Viewer)

colecad

Auditioning
Real Name
cole
i am trying to build a 7.1 sorround sound system (currently for my very tiny bedroom) but am trouble finding speakers that will fit in my room my budget is $2000 to $2500
what im looking for mainly is volume (i like music and movies loud and hate my neighbour), quaility (i want this sysem to last i long time) and size

my space is very limited so i would like to get those thin tower speakers and small sorrounds simillar to the bose ones (i dont want those i just like the size)

currently what i think might work is:

athena ws100
martin logan motion 4s

pioneer vsx 92

if any one has experience with these speakers and receiver please let me know what you think

i know sound is personal and i will probably listen to all speaker you suggest

i am just wondering speakers you would use if you were in this situation

thanks in advance

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Welcome Cole

When you say small bedroom how small do you mean. Before you spend too much of your $2,000 to $2,550 budget you might want to check out this guide. http://www.dolby.com/consumer/setup/speaker-setup-guide/index.html

Study the guide for a 7.1 system in detail and then figure out how you are going to place all of the speakers in relationship to your prime viewing/listening area. Perhaps a 3.1 or 5.1 system would better suit your needs.

colecad

Auditioning
Real Name
cole
currently it is my bedroom 8 by 13 but in reality the space i can actually use is 8 by 8

i intend to get a much larger space for it in the future

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
I think we have been set up a $2,500 for a 7.1 system in a 8x8 bedroom. I would save your money and wait until you move into much larger living quarters. Until that happens perhaps a good set of head phones would suit your loud listening needs and also improve your relations with your neighbor.

richelleoa

Auditioning
Real Name
richelleoa ghosla

Which word is the most commonly used to refer to the act of making the towel less wet by taking out its water.
LeanSpa

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks