1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What sounds more like the vandersteen 2ce? The Axiom M80 or Diva 6.1?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marcus Lewis, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Marcus Lewis

Marcus Lewis Stunt Coordinator

I just heard the Vandersteen's and WOW!!! [​IMG]
    It was running through a Rotel CD player an amp and preamp setup ... Don't have the brands available at the moment.
    The highs and mids !! [​IMG]
    And just the right amount of bass ...
    I need a 5 speaker setup for my HT where the mains will give the the airyness and imaging of the Vandersteens ...
    Basically which sounds more like the Vandersteens? the Axiom M80, the Swan Diva 6.1 or ??? Any other suggestions?
    Non powered main suggestions please ... Thanks in advance ...

2. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

Why not the Vandersteens themselves?

--Steve

3. Marcus Lewis

Marcus Lewis Stunt Coordinator

Well I was hoping to save some $$$ by going with one of the factory direct speakers if possible, I was looking for a 5 speaker setup with a matching center and surrounds for my HT and the sheer horizantal width of the Vandersteens negate placement in my room ...

4. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

if you are looking to save $ and space, look no further that teh Vanderteens 1C, they are a smaller version and I think that they are well under $1000.

5. Michael Yung

Michael Yung Stunt Coordinator

You can get the 1C at Audio Lab for $870 a pair. Wish I had found these before I bought my Pardigms.

6. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

I have some 1c's that I can sell you at a great price that I use in my bedroom, but I don't live in Trinadad, so that would be tough?

but seriosly look for the 1's, sounds like they would fit your need perfectly.

7. Jeff Massey

Jeff Massey Agent

I have a pair of 1b's and a vcc-1 center channel and my HT setup sounds great. Its hard to beat the 1c for price and sound. I have not heard anything to compare (except for the 2ce sig I just got off of audiogon) You may want to try www.audiogon.com and see if you can get a used pair of 1c. I belive there are 3 or 4 pairs availble ranging around $600. If you get the chance you can not go wrong with the vandy's.
    Jeff

8. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Another vote for Vandys. I have 1Cs in my system and I love them. My only regret is that I couldn't afford the 2CEs at the time. (I'd like to have the better midrange of the 2s) Personally, they were the only speakers that I was satisfied listening to music with. 1Cs retail for $800 (at least when I bought mine a couple of years ago.), and some dealers offer upgrade deals later on. Also, there are usually plenty to be had used. Personally, I think they are the best speakers for the money.

Jason

9. Dzung Pham

Dzung Pham Second Unit

I would recommend trying to get a used pair of 2ce's or even 2ci's, which are the previous version and can be found used for $400-700. The refinements made with the 2ce sigs from the 2ci are subtle. I've owned 1c's, 2ci's and 3A signatures. Before I got the 3Asigs, I was planning to get 2ce signatures but after extensive auditioning, I found that the improvements were not large enough to justify the upgrade (so I got the 3Asigs). The 1C's are nice but used 2ce's or 2ci's will give you better performance for the same money, if you don't mind buying used.