what sould I buy

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Luke Magdy, May 9, 2003.

1. Luke Magdy

Luke Magdy Auditioning

to power 2 nuance ELX series speakers the 7 ft ones both are very power hungery speakers and I also have baby grand rears and elx center channel I had a kennwood sivergin series amp but the heat sinq's went and that the 5th time they have gone on me so Im in the market to buy a new amp and are wanting some advise..
    Nuance[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Luke I suggest you do a search for Nuance on the forum but I'm afraid you're not going to like what you find. IMO You'd be further ahead with different speakers then a different receiver.

3. Luke Magdy

Luke Magdy Auditioning

what do you suggest? for speakers?

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Luke I see from your other thread that you spent $1600 so using that as a budget you've got quite a wide variety to choose from. Given that you're in Canada you're going to get the most bang for your buck buying a Canadian brand so I'd suggest you audition Energy, Mirage, PSB, Paradigm, Totem, Athena, and Axiom. Paradigm make a great product that has a wide variety of models to choose from. Note that you will likely end up with 5-6 bookshelf sized speakers plus a subwoofer with that price range which will give you a much better sounding setup then what the nuance could ever do...that said the nuance might play louder (until it dies) but quantity doesn't equal quality[​IMG] Would you be willing to assemble your own speakers or subwoofer? If so that would be one way to stretch your budget a long way. For example there's a company in BC selling a subwoofer kit for $400 cdn that would easily beat most of the comercial units costing much more.