What's new

What sort of Board Games do you Play (2 Viewers)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I should be a more precise:
7 Wonder plays up to 7. The Cities expansion adds an 8th player. I recommend Cities and also Leaders expansions.

Dixit plays six. The Odyssey expansion (out of print) takes it to 12. But the Odyssey rules can be found online and with a little effort, you could make the base game work with the Odyssey rules. (I can elaborate if ever needed; I've got a copy of Odyssey we bought used via Amazon.)

My wife is wanting Sushi Go Party for Christmas. We've got Sushi Go and like it. Friends bought Party and we played it, well, at a party. It's just better since it gives you the base game and the flexibility to expand to 8 players or whatever it is. Good one to have.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Coolstuffinc had a bunch of Armada ships on sale over the weekend. I think they still have a handful marked down.

If you're looking for 7-player games, you can't go wrong with Citadels. It's been one of my favorite games for nearly 20 years. Just played a 7-player game of it on Saturday, and it was as fun as ever -- actually, it was extra fun 'cause I won for a change! :)

I also played another game of Band of Brothers on Friday. I think I might actually get rid of all my old ASL gear. It's 90% of the game with 5% of the rules.

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
My copy of Scythe has shipped. Should have it tomorrow. Copies are a little hard to come by right now. I also have a Mechs vs. Minions on the way mid-December.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I also played another game of Band of Brothers on Friday. I think I might actually get rid of all my old ASL gear. It's 90% of the game with 5% of the rules.

Really? Is your ASL gear AH or MMP? I wonder what original AH stuff is worth these days. I actually have a copy of BV unpunched, although it's far from mint condition (just sat on a shelf, so it's aged).

If you want to sell a copy of Paratrooper let me know.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It's a combination of both, and it does include a copy of Paratrooper. I'll keep you posted if the decision is made. :)

Today, for the first time in lord knows how long, I didn't check my Amazon Vine list first thing in the morning. When I did finally log in, I discovered that they'd offered me a copy of the new Conan game (the one that made a fortune on Kickstarter). It was already gone. :(

I Kickstarted Scythe, but have yet to get around to playing it.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Picked up the Oregon Trial board game (more like a card game) from Target the other day. Was quite entertaining. A lot shorter game then I'm use to playing

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A friend has that. We played an abbreviated game (no time for full game). I'd play again, but it didn't impress me.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I finally got Three Kingdoms Redux to the table last weekend. It's a long and complex action-bidding worker-placement area-control point salad type of game that is for exactly three players. It took all afternoon to play, but was worth the investment. I really enjoyed it. It has a lot of flavor, too, with dozens of different characters from the story (a mixture of fictional and real, I assume), all with different abilities.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Yeah, they could of done a lot better with Oregon Trail. The instructions read like its suppose to be a real challenge and hard to make to the end with everyone alive however in our first two play throughs, we all survived. The card that automatically kills you isnt much fun either (we've never gotten it so far).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nothing any longer. Not to brag, but I almost always win, Monopoly, Chess, anything, so friends stopped playing, knowing it was pretty much guaranteed they'd lose.

It's not like I'm "Rainman" or something, but I guess I have a little bit of "Sheldon" from TBBT in me. :mellow:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I remember in the mid 80's buying a game called 'Fireball Island'. It vanished years ago, but I'm thinking about getting a set on E-Bay. I had a blast playing that.

Also, Castle Risk.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Played a couple 4-player games of base 7 Wonders. I'd forgotten how streamlined the core game is when playing with experienced gamers. This game has really aged well for me the past few years.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
Nothing any longer. Not to brag, but I almost always win, Monopoly, Chess, anything, so friends stopped playing, knowing it was pretty much guaranteed they'd lose.

Yeah, for the longest time I couldn't get my family and friends to play Monopoly with me and if we did they would team up against in a futile effort lol. It was fun, but they got tired of it too. I have gotten them to start trying other games though. Lately we've been playing a ton of the Pokemon TCG. We converted the rules just a tad so that we could play 3 to 4 players at a time. Been quite a bit of fun.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I remember in the mid 80's buying a game called 'Fireball Island'. It vanished years ago, but I'm thinking about getting a set on E-Bay. I had a blast playing that.

Also, Castle Risk.

I love the old games. Silly stuff like Ms. PacMan and the Zork games. All this first person shooter stuff is really boring. Liked the "Sims", but I bought one version and the music would never shut off, drove me crazy. So that dropped off my list.

Had a lot of fun with various versions of Half-Life, but I can only play it on my old Windows 98 PC. Windows 10 is so picky with what does and doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks