What's new

What songs would you play at your funeral? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, it's kind of a morose subject, but i've always wondered about this. i think i'm going to try to make my compilation this weekend.
for sure, it'll include:
  • new order - "love vigilantes" -- the perfect song about a soldier who dies and wants to come home
  • depeche mode - "blasphemous rumors" -- for the line "when i die i expect to find him [god] laughing"
  • tears for fears - "mad world" -- for the line "i find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad, the dreams in which i'm dying are the best i've ever had"
  • U2 - can't think of song title - near the end of 'under a blood red sky' -- just a great melancholy tune. otherwise, i'd probably go with "one" - that song always makes me feel sad
hmm...can't think of any others right now....man, i must be having a brain fade.
so, what'll you be playing? and, if possible, tell me why? that'd be the most interesting part!

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I like the question and have had an answer for years.
Richard Wagner: Heartlands-Oceans

Peter_A_M

Stunt Coordinator
Either Charlie Parker's Parker's Mood, John Coltrane's Dearly Beloved, or Frédéric Chopin's Nocturne in F Minor.

NP: Chopin/Claudio Arrau - Piano Works (Disc 1, Impromptu in C# Minor)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
I'd choose Please Remember Me by Tim McGraw. Don't know what else I'd want played, maybe Tears in Heaven by Clapton.

Paul D Young

Second Unit
I've always said that I want them to play Party Train by the Gap Band at my funeral. And I want them to have a blast dancing to it! I want to be mocked.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I would personally choose PF's 'Great Gig In the Sky' and The Chieftains 'Women of Ireland.'

Reg

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
I've thought about this before, too. After going through my MP3 directory, I came up with these. Interesting topic, Ted...

Favorites:

Hammerfall - Glory To The Brave
Iron Maiden - Como Estais Amigos
Loreena McKennitt - Dante's Prayer
Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde

Others:

Anthrax - Bare
Arcade - Cry No More
Blackmore's Night - Again Someday
Dokken - Will The Sun Rise
Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons
Great White - Afterglow
The Nixons - December

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Ted, I believe the U2 song you are searching for is "40."

Personally, I'd have to go with "Atmosphere" by Joy Division or, for a slightly comedic touch, The Eels' "It's A Motherf**ker."

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
very interesting choices. right on guys! :emoji_thumbsup:
one more i would add is "i'm considering a move to memphis" by 'the colorblind james experience'.
this is a song that, for whatever reason, ALL my friends hate, but i just love. i'd add it just to drive em crazy and get in one last dig! :)
[edit] tim - atmosphere by joy division...that is so good i may have to steal that one. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks