What's new

What some people throw away (1 Viewer)

themow

Auditioning
Real Name
john
I just was walking by the dumpster behing my building and saw a box that piqued my interest. I opened it up and found a pair of rock solid monitors. I had never heard of them, so i brought them in and hooked one to my old pioneer elite vsx26tx and left the other channel alone with the SP-BS21( a decent bookshelf) I was completely blown away by the sound of these trash speakers. I quickly boxed up my pioneers and these are now on my shelves. I am currently pushing them pretty hard and I honestly cant believe their performance. Apparently frm B&W. Im gonna go back and look for the sub that they were optionally sold with
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=50763.0

Wee Mad Arthur

Auditioning
Real Name
Brock
I have found it unbelievable what some people will consider junk. I recently tore out an existing system in a house to remodel it. The home owner told me to get rid of the huge speakers behind the custom panels we had to rip out. He said they were too old. So after 2 hours I have a pair of lightly used klipschorns from 1980 with matching serial numbers, and a la scalla he was using as a center channel. 15k worth of speakers "junk" indeed.

tjohnusa

Agent
Real Name
Terry John
Wow...nice! I picked up a set of JBL L112 with woofer surround rot and the cabinets were in rough shape for $15 at a local thrift store. A surround kit cost me $25...refinished the cabs and recovered the grills for about another $20. These cost $1200 new in the 80's and sound awesome. They are a great rock speaker. Someone thought they were junk.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks