What's new

What software to use with Sony Memory Stick? (1 Viewer)

Mike Wegimont

Stunt Coordinator
I lost my Picture Gear CD and don't want to buy a new copy for $50. What software can I use to suck the pictures off of a memory stick and onto a PC?
Thanks,
Mike

Mike Wegimont

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry! I should have been more specific. I'm using a sony DCR-TV20 Digital video camera that uses a memory stick for still images. I need need software that can read a Sony Memory Stick and download images to my PC. The application that came with the camera is Picture Gear lite but as I mentioned, I lost the CD.
I can't use a TWAIN driver since noone has ever written one for this camera.
Please point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Mike

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if it helps, but I just use the Windows Explorer. As long as the Memory Stick is in the camera and the camera is on, you can plug in the USB and the camera shows up as a removable drive in explorer.

There's also a cartridge that you can get at Best buy that you can slide the memory stick into and plug into your USB port. Works the same way.

This way, I transfer the pictures in bulk and use Photoshop to work.

If you don't have USB, I'm not sure how to do it.

Hope that helps.

Kraig

Kevin P

Screenwriter
If you're using the serial port stick reader that came with the camera, ditch it and get a USB reader/writer. I think you can get it for like $40 or $50 at Best Buy. It's much faster and you can access the stick like it's a removable disk drive. Then you can access your pictures in Explorer.

KJP

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
I've got a Sony Memory Stick mouse - basically an optical mouse with a built in Memory Stick reader/writer. The memory stick shows up as a removable drive in explorer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks