What's new

What snack are you addicted to? (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Lately I've been addicted to these:

lays-sweet-southern-heat-barbecue.png

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
There's no single snack I eat all the time, rather several I somewhat rotate through:

Knott's Berry Farms Blueberry or Boysenberry Shortbread cookies.
Nonni's Limoncello Pistachio or Dark Chocolate Biscotti.
Craisins (blueberry or pomegranate flavored).
Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai & Blueberry, Pomegranate, or Goji & Raspberry candies.
Cheetos Crunchy Cheddar Jalapeno
Planter's Deluxe Mixed Nuts
Pistachio nuts
Belvita - Cranberry/Orange, Blueberry, Chocolate, or Toasted Coconut "Breakfast" Biscuits (these are pretty much the same as the discontinued Newtons Fruit Thins cookies in a different shape).
Fig Newtons (sometimes a fruit variant - either berry, apple, or blueberry)
Triscuits Thin Crisps
Keebler Club Minis Multi-Grain
Townhouse Pretzel Thins

Usually just a single serving of one of those most days to fill the snack craving without expanding the waist.

While I don't consider it a snack, I have a piece of dark chocolate every day, usually a half serving. Preferably Lindt 85% or 90%, or a piece of Dove dark. Occasionally I manage to score a Lindt 99% bar and have a small square with my morning coffee (around 10:30). It's great to place a small piece on the tongue and sip the coffee over the top.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
3 or 4 cups of coffee every evening before I go to sleep.

(I know it is a very lousy thing to be addicted to).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
There's no single snack I eat all the time, rather several I somewhat rotate through:

Knott's Berry Farms Blueberry or Boysenberry Shortbread cookies.
Nonni's Limoncello Pistachio or Dark Chocolate Biscotti.
Craisins (blueberry or pomegranate flavored).
Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai & Blueberry, Pomegranate, or Goji & Raspberry candies.
Cheetos Crunchy Cheddar Jalapeno
Planter's Deluxe Mixed Nuts
Pistachio nuts
Belvita - Cranberry/Orange, Blueberry, Chocolate, or Toasted Coconut "Breakfast" Biscuits (these are pretty much the same as the discontinued Newtons Fruit Thins cookies in a different shape).
Fig Newtons (sometimes a fruit variant - either berry, apple, or blueberry)
Triscuits Thin Crisps
Keebler Club Minis Multi-Grain
Townhouse Pretzel Thins

Usually just a single serving of one of those most days to fill the snack craving without expanding the waist.

While I don't consider it a snack, I have a piece of dark chocolate every day, usually a half serving. Preferably Lindt 85% or 90%, or a piece of Dove dark. Occasionally I manage to score a Lindt 99% bar and have a small square with my morning coffee (around 10:30). It's great to place a small piece on the tongue and sip the coffee over the top.

Not big on sweets, but I do enjoy good chocolate. Normally in the 85% range, any higher it's just to bitter.

So many things that you mentioned are wonderful, but I behave, only small doses ;)

Shopping a lot at Trader Joe's. I like their version of dried cranberries, cheetos and low sodium nuts.

Used to really enjoy Triscuits, they were buttery and flavorful, but I think they changed their recipe, now they're like cardboard so they've dropped off my list. I also avoid anything "Keebler". A few years ago bought some crackers, then discovered the first ingredient was "fat". Never again.

Found this on a web-site:
Keebler Club Original Crackers are made of vegetable shortening, high fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, sugar, riboflavin, thiamine and enriched flour.

Likecats

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Mostly chips, but I like Dum Dum pops, fireballs, Reeses pieces, Milk Duds, Werther's Originals, and Nerds.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mostly chips, but I like Dum Dum pops, fireballs, Reeses pieces, Milk Duds, Werther's Originals, and Nerds.
Werther's Originals are hardly original any longer. The old fashioned German recipe is gone, now they use high fructose corn syrup instead of sugar, yuck.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
hqdefault.jpg

My grandmother got me started on these when I was a kid in the 70's. Every time I went to her house I had to have a bowl. I came over one night and she was out of milk, only having buttermilk in the fridge. I demanded a bowl anyway. I sat there and ate it with buttermilk! I don't even put them in a bowl anymore. I just eat straight from the box with a glass of milk.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
I haven't seen that on the shelf in years around here. :(
Walmart is real good about keeping it in stock, but I don't get there too often. I do my shopping at Kroger and they've recently added it back.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Wendy's Large Chocolate Frosties. I am addicted to them. I buy one with a burger, but I could easily eat 2.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Bought a box of these at Costco. I can plow through a couple of sleeves in one sitting. :)

712P7IPATjL._SY450_.jpg

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Yep, I miss the days when I could polish off 5-6 McD cheesburgers, side of fries and a Coke and not gain a pound.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
hqdefault.jpg

My grandmother got me started on these when I was a kid in the 70's. Every time I went to her house I had to have a bowl. I came over one night and she was out of milk, only having buttermilk in the fridge. I demanded a bowl anyway. I sat there and ate it with buttermilk! I don't even put them in a bowl anymore. I just eat straight from the box with a glass of milk.

Very brave having them with buttermilk, something I just can't do. Buttermilk is good for one thing only, soaking chicken before dipping in flour and frying.

My grandfather used to chug buttermilk by the quart. No way could I do that.

Even the cereal would be tough. Very healthy, but has the consistency of sawdust. :eek:

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Very brave having them with buttermilk, something I just can't do. Buttermilk is good for one thing only, soaking chicken before dipping in flour and frying.

Even the cereal would be tough. Very healthy, but has the consistency of sawdust. :eek:
I'd never again do the buttermilk thing. It's great for pancakes or biscuits, but not much else!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

I'd never again do the buttermilk thing. It's great for pancakes or biscuits, but not much else!
It also makes an excellent chocolate cake (mom's recipe).

The hardest 50 cents I ever earned (in 1968) was drinking a 4 oz. glass of buttermilk. Dad offered my sister and me $1 to drink a full glass and we talked him down to the smaller glass for less money. To this day he puts white beans on that chocolate cake mom makes, hits it with a bit of pepper sauce, and washes it down with butter milk. Yuck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks