What's new

What snack are you addicted to? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
As far as "potato crisps" go I love Frito Lay Stax.
never thought I would give up on Pringles, but Stax are just a better snack in my opinion.
Better taste, and thicker than Pringles.
So yeah, I guess I am addicted to a snack.
lays-stax-mesquite-barbecue.png

Stan

Senior HTF Member
The only snack food I have ever been addicted to ended production about twenty years ago.
View attachment 35164

I loved these things, ate three or four a week when I was a kid buying a snack at 7-11. And I really do miss them.

Currently I just enjoy my favorite candy bar Mr. Goodbar a few times a month.
Wow. We never got those things here, must have been a regional thing.

Ho Ho's, Ding Dong's, Cupcakes, Sno-balls and those awful fruit pies that were about 80% crust, but never saw these.

Bought some Twinkies a few months ago, and forget the "last forever" joke, they tasted like they were twenty years old. :eek:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Yeah its weird that I could live forever without even eating another Twinkie, Fruit Pie, or any Little Debbie Snack cake.
But the Hostess Pudding Pies were different. I really went out of my way looking for them after production ended-there was a rumor they were being produced again in 2008, but it was just a false alarm. It wasn't Hostess, I tried one (Mrs. FReshley's I think) and they were not chocolate covered just a dry pie with vanilla pudding. Gross, like eating cardboard, and the pudding was not that good.

Rumor has it the Hostess Pudding Pies were discontinued because they were such an unhealthy snack Something like 800 calories per pie.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
When I was really young, I LOVED Hostess Lemon Snack Pies.

But even though I was young, I took a look one day at the nutrition numbers on the label and said I just can't eat them any more.

fp-wrapper-2004-lemon.jpg

images
And they tasted great...but weren't very big or filling! Haven't had one in decades!

Excuse me...but I gotta get back to my honeydew melon now...

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of pie, with Thanksgiving right around the corner I can't wait to dig into the big selection always offered up at the family get together.

Every year it's overkill, but usually 4 or 5 different pies.

Banana cream, Coconut cream, and my favorite Bavarian cream.

Also, Peanut Butter pie is alway welcome.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Speaking of pie, with Thanksgiving right around the corner I can't wait to dig into the big selection always offered up at the family get together.

Every year it's overkill, but usually 4 or 5 different pies.

Banana cream, Coconut cream, and my favorite Bavarian cream.

Also, Peanut Butter pie is alway welcome.

My mother usually does this. We have a very small gathering, but tend to end up with 4-5 desserts (despite several diabetics and all needing to lose a few pounds). I asked her not to go crazy this year.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
This year we're sticking with pumpkin pie and apple pie. :)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I'm having sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and a birthday cake for the two people who will be here who have birthdays this week. I know it sounds like a lot but there should be around 20 people at my house this year.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
When I was really young, I LOVED Hostess Lemon Snack Pies.

But even though I was young, I took a look one day at the nutrition numbers on the label and said I just can't eat them any more.

fp-wrapper-2004-lemon.jpg

images
And they tasted great...but weren't very big or filling! Haven't had one in decades!

Excuse me...but I gotta get back to my honeydew melon now...

Wow, that woke up some dormant brain cells. I loved these things as a kid. Thankfully a habit that eventually faded away, but our local Safeway sell things that are similar. Have to admit I've bought a few over the past couple of years, even after reading the scary labels :D

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, any snack that has the ingredient that starts with S, ends with R and UGA in the middle.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not sure about being addicted to them, but today just felt the need to go out and get a package of Hydrox cookies.
Potential bad news, Walmart put them on clearance, which tells me they probably won't be available in the future.
Too many people eat the copycat Oreos. :thumbsdown:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
This is going to sound awful, but the past month or so, Hostess Cupcakes. Not the chocolate ones, but the orange flavored ones. Trying to behave, and only one a day. They're terrible, filled with artificial ingredients, colors and preservatives.

Just one of those "cravings" I go through, should end soon ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks