What's new

What size Screen & Brand? (1 Viewer)

Frank Rizzo

Auditioning
I am in the process of setting up a theater in my basement, I have a space that is about 10' wide x 15' long the distance from the wall to where the couch is going to be about 12'... I am looking to get a screen that can be permanently mounted on the wall... Im not looking to go broke over a screen but I am looking for something that will perform good with a Sony Cineza Projector.. What brand screen & size screen would you recommend getting? Are DaLite screens any good?

Thanks for your time and Valuable Info!!

Rizzo-

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
I'd suggest waiting until you get the projector, throwing an image on the blank wall, sit down on your couch, and seeing what you're comfortable with.

THX says a 90.8" wide screen (113.5" diagonal for 4:3, 104.2" diagonal for 16:9) is an ideal minimum for a 12' distance. SMPTE says a 75.6" wide screen (94.5" diagonal for 4:3, 86.7" diagonal for 16:9) is an ideal minimum for a 12' distance. Neither of those things mean anything if they're not comfortable for you.

For a Cineza, depending on what size screen and which Cineza model, you may want a Dalite high contrast DaMat, Dalite high contrast Cinema Vision, Stewart Grayhawk, or Stewart Firehawk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks