What size Screen & Brand?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Rizzo, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo Auditioning

I am in the process of setting up a theater in my basement, I have a space that is about 10' wide x 15' long the distance from the wall to where the couch is going to be about 12'... I am looking to get a screen that can be permanently mounted on the wall... Im not looking to go broke over a screen but I am looking for something that will perform good with a Sony Cineza Projector.. What brand screen & size screen would you recommend getting? Are DaLite screens any good?

Thanks for your time and Valuable Info!!

Rizzo-

2. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

I'd suggest waiting until you get the projector, throwing an image on the blank wall, sit down on your couch, and seeing what you're comfortable with.

THX says a 90.8" wide screen (113.5" diagonal for 4:3, 104.2" diagonal for 16:9) is an ideal minimum for a 12' distance. SMPTE says a 75.6" wide screen (94.5" diagonal for 4:3, 86.7" diagonal for 16:9) is an ideal minimum for a 12' distance. Neither of those things mean anything if they're not comfortable for you.

For a Cineza, depending on what size screen and which Cineza model, you may want a Dalite high contrast DaMat, Dalite high contrast Cinema Vision, Stewart Grayhawk, or Stewart Firehawk.