What's new

What size of Sub should I look for? (1 Viewer)

Hi Guys, Happy Holidays, I am thinking of getting a sub for my HT and before I ask "which one?"; I would like to know what size I should look for, my room is 20'Ft.X24'Ft.

This question is one that can best be answered by Tom Vodhanel of SVS. They sell a little known subwoofer that is reported to make a dog ill. :)
I spoke to Tom quite a few times prior to making a sub purchase and he was VERY helpful. I ended up buying 2 SVS CS 20-39's and have absolutely no regrets. People are always floored by the amount of awesome bass they produce.
However, to help decide which subs would fit the bill for you, we would also need to know how tall your room is since the sound needs to fill 3 dimensions.
Last bit is, you will get a better response to this question in the hardware section of the forum.
Good luck on your search, the fun is only beginning!!

Thanks Chris, I am still green at this and I will ask the guys in the hardware department. To reply to your question the ceiling to floor distance is eight feet. I have one more question is what the best location. I have been doing some research and I am finding that the location should be by a wall however I also have read in the corner would produce the more bass, but you lose accuracy. It can drive you to drink. LOL :frowning:

If I am not mistaken you can gain about 3-6 db by loading the sub in the corner. however, based on the room design you may create some dead zones. I know in my situation I have some and even at the prime seats, but I have the wife factor to contend with and the fact that she allows 2 SVS subs to sit anywhere in the main living area is awesome. So until I get my dedicated HT room built, this sub-optimal place (for my room) will have to do.
Drink it has, and spend lots of money too. I am always amazed at the little things I now can hear that I would have missed before had I not become interested in Home Theater... Yay I can hear it, boo cuz it is often an upgrade to minimize... :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks