What's new

What Single Title Do You Most Want On Blu? (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
YanMan said:
I have brought this up a couple of times previously in some other threads, but this is as good a place as any to bring it up again...

For me at the moment, I would have to say Kathryn Bigelow's Strange Days.

Come on, Fox... make it happen for Region A finally! And make sure to include the excellent original teaser trailer.
Yeah, great soundtrack to that one too

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Romeo & Juliet (Paramount, 1968).

RomeoJuliet-1968-Paramount-one.jpg

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
There are a million. Leaving out the titles that I'm almost certain will be out in the next 12-18 months (THE ABYSS, BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA, SORCERER) and the ones you can get in Region B (I'm looking at you, Hammer titles), I'd have to go with the Steven Soderbergh triple bill of KING OF THE HILL, THE UNDERNEATH and especially THE LIMEY.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
At the time of its release, I thought that the DVD release of The Limey was quite well done in terms of conveying the film's cinematography. A Blu-Ray release of this fine film will (I expect) look extremely nice. (I've already made my pick, but this is pretty high up on the wish list. :) )

- Walter.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I'm throwing one more in because, well... I can. MOUNTAINS OF THE MOON is an extraordinary epic directed by Bob Rafelson that has been duly ignored by everyone, particularly its distributor, which is currently Lionsgate. The DVD is non-anamorphic and it's a bloody shame that Lionsgate completely drops the ball in terms of handling (or licensing) its back catalog. I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
schan1269 said:
I didn't add this one cause I figured it was "cheating" under the guise of one title.Or is there a loophole for "movie sets that go together"...???
In that case I'll swap Crimes and Misdemeanours for The Wood Allen Collection.

:D

Steve W

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way, I did order Pillow Book. My GF read the plot(and some reviews) and goes...

"A bi-sexual Ewan....where's the CC*..."

*Where's the CC wasn't a question...

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
The Tales of Hoffmann (1951) in the original 138-minute version. Contrary to IMDB and other sources, it was not cut to 128 prior to release. I have seen the 138-minute cut.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Andrew Budgell said:
I'm sure you're aware of this, but Romeo and Juliet is available on Blu-ray in several European countries.
I wasn't aware of it, no, but I should have looked. I'll have that region B bou-ray in a jiffy.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Prince of Egypt, hands down
I am still waiting for a lot of the early DreamWorks animation to get released on Blu-ray. I'm surprised that they haven't done a better job of supporting their catalog of animation that pre-dates the inception of Blu-ray (with the exception of Shrek of course.)

- Walter.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think I've got to pick The King and I.

That's the one HD disc I have found myself wishing on a number of occasions I could put into my player and watch on my 55" Panny plasma.

CinemaScope55.jpg

kingandi02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks