What's new

What Single Title Do You Most Want On Blu? (1 Viewer)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Not an easy choice! Someone else has already mentioned TWO WOMEN, stuck forever, it seems, in PD Hell. Also, I'm assuming someone else will mention the two so often talked about: PORGY AND BESS and RAINTREE COUNTY. So I'm going with a "it'll never happen, but I can wish" title: THE SCOUNDREL, with Noel Coward. Now that CAVALCADE has finally been released I very much need a good copy of this strange but fascinating film! (Might there be another Topic Page for Most Wished For SILENT Movie?)

calvinm

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Calvin
It's a tough one but I'd have to go with Edward Yang's A Brighter Summer Day. Criterion have supposedly been working on it for years now.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS said:
Darn, this is a tough question. I'll be very unconventional and say Keep 'Em Flying (my favorite Abbott & Costello film of all time). It would be neat to have deleted scenes from the cutting room floor, which I'm sure don't even exist. But if I can dream, that would be my pick.

Gary "I know, I know - how stupid a pick" O.
Sounds like a good one to me
2s8lbms.jpg

Professor Echo said:
Jeff, TV series are eligible, but just one series. I know we're more inclined to think of films when it comes to the superb quality of Blu, but I think some series would be very attractive in the format, including COMBAT.
Sorry, I didn't see the "TV" part of your op. That makes it a lot tougher for me to pick just one... reminds me of that "potato chip" ad from the 60's....

Bet you can't pick just one :D
Billy Batson said:
Oh if I could pick a TV series it would have to be the original b/w Outer Limits series, given the Twilight Zone treatment.
That one would look impressive on BR.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Eazzy-peezy. Joseph Stefano's original '60s The Outer Limits TV series, in its entirety, properly remastered à la Image's work on Serling's The Twilight Zone.

Shot on 35mm by ace DPs such as Conrad Hall, John Nickolaus, and Kenneth Peach in a hybrid noir/gothic/expressionist style, and scored with nerve rattling flair by Domenic Frontiere, IMO this show's signature audio/visual style remains unequalled on American network television. The writing, the direction, the performances are still magnificent, and I think, timeless.

This is my 'holy grail' TV show, and I'd be among the first pre-order, price be damned...

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
This is a tough one for me as well. I could think of several titles that I want but I will go with Cecil B. DeMille's This Day and Age (1933) simply because I don't believe it has seen the light of day on the home video front.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This is a tough question, even omitting from my mental wish list the titles I am confident will get released over the next year or two. So many foreign language titles that I'd love to have on Blu.

Just, eh?

OK, then (and I might change my mind later); NEVER CRY WOLF

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This is a hard one. Of course, there are dozens of titles that I have on DVD that I want on Blu-Ray.

I look at my collection, and there are several titles that are 'very likely' to be released on Blu-Ray - so I can leave those off. There are also many titles that have had rumors (some specific, some general) for many years, so I can leave those off too. Then there are those that, while I would love to upgrade them to Blu, I'm resigned that they probably won't.

Of course, I was torn by whether I want a color film that would look gorgeous all cleaned up in its Sunday's Best, or one in glorious Black and White in a new, crisp terrific silver shimmer.

I'm going with Lost Horizon ('37). I think I want to be transported to the Valley Of The Blue(-Ray) Moon again.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I've started to type a title a few times and have deleted the text, but the one selection that I keep coming back to is:

The Outer Limits - the classic 1960s series that for my money is and continues to be the finest SF series to ever grace the airwaves. I would love to see this series properly released on Blu-ray, akin to Image's handling of The Twilight Zone. Price would not be an object.

- Walter.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Professor Echo said:
Jeff, TV series are eligible, but just one series. I know we're more inclined to think of films when it comes to the superb quality of Blu, but I think some series would be very attractive in the format, including COMBAT.
Oh, if I knew TV series were eligible the pick for me would be ultra-easy: The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet.

Gary "that's my one last major holy grail from classic TV" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
ScottHM said:
Charlie Chan Carries On (1931)

---------------
Scott, I love the way you think!!!

Gary "didn't even think about the lost 'Chan' films, but if I could only have one of the four I'd pick the same one Scott did" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks