What Show Was This?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by DeborahK, Feb 6, 2004.

1. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

Sometime over this past holiday (December 2003), I recorded a made-for-TV movie from one of the networks (ABC, NBC, or CBS). It was about an American Indian teenager who is strong- armed into driving his grandfather (played by Grahame Greene) to a Pow Wow some distance away. The boy has been toying with trouble and is being chased by a couple of other young men to whom he owes money. The grandfather uses the time they are together to tell his grandson a series of native American stories all meant to be instructive in various ways.

When I finally got around to watching this a few weeks ago, I really enjoyed it. Imagine my surprise when the movie ended with a cliff hanger, which apparently was resolved in part 2 the following night. Of course, I did not know this and only recorded the first half of the story! I deleted it from my Tivo and now can't remember the name of the thing. I was hoping it might eventually be released on video and that I might beable to see the whole thing, or even that it might be repeated on television. It had the word "Dream" in the title, such as "Dream Catcher' or "Dream Spinner" or something like that. I have searched Graham Greene's filmography, but this work is not listed. Does anyone happen to know the name of this?

Thanks if you can help.

Deborah

2. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

Is this the movie you're thinking of?

3. DeborahK

Michael,

Alas, no. But I wish I could see that film as well! It has not been released on video, however.

Thanks for trying,

Deborah

4. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

5. DeborahK

I guess that would explain it, all right! :b

I guess we can now put me in the "has officially lost it" category. I really don't know what made me think that Graham Greene was in this -- it's not like I don't know the actor.

Thanks, Chris for both this piece of info and the info on the pending DVD release.

Deborah

6. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    If you know the name, go to IMDB.com and it will show everything he has ever done.

7. DeborahK

Hi, Mikel,

Yes, that is just what I did with Graham Greene -- because I couldn't remember the name of the movie. But it was not listed in his credits and I was baffled. As it turns out, GG was not in this particular piece (duh). So, without having the name of an actor or being able to remember the name of the movie, I was in a hard place. But Chris came through, bless him. [​IMG]

Deborah