What's new

What should my 200th DVD be? (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Well, I like to make all my x00 movies "landmark"... last time it was the Stanley Kubrick collection.

I have $15 in Best Buy gift certificates that I need to use by tomorrow... so can you guys name a "landmark" film (or boxset) that I don't have yet? (I am bad at making decisions)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Three suggestions, Rob.
1.The Prisoner—Complete Collection Your $15.00 won’t even get you into double digits on the purchase price, but as you seem to have collected a lot of TV series, you ought to get this one. If there were a defination of ‘cult classic’ in the encyclopedia, there would be a picture of Number 6 to illustrate the point.
2.The Magic Flute, Criterion edition. A whimsical, light-hearted version of Mozart’s most magical opera. You’d never guess that it was directed by Igmar Bergman.
3. Blood for Dracula or Flesh for Frankenstein, which were both sort of credited to Andy Warhol when released in the mid-70s, but were both directed by Paul Morrissey. Pictures of these would be next to the definition of ‘camp’.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
OK, nevermind... I was out DVD shopping today and One Flew Over the Cucko's Nest is my 200th DVD :)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
So you just ignored all of us, hey? If I'd known that I'd have recommended Lawrence of Arabia
George, Rob is intelligent enough that he already owns that great movie! Check his collection!
I did notice that he doesn't own The Bridge on the River Kwai however, and I would have recommended that.
However, Cuckoo's Nest is also an excellent choice, and I will be purchasing the new release as well.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Rob, The Bridge on the River Kwai is now officially on my TO BUY list. The next week where I have no new releases, I am picking up the "Limited Edition" ( ;) ). That being said, with all the great new releases lately, it may be a while :D
Man, these Warner 2-disc sets are GREAT... some of the best DVDs of catalogue titles I have EVER seen. I just ordered True Romance with that Best Buy GC because I was so impressed with the others :)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Cool Rob! :emoji_thumbsup:
Let me know what you think of True Romance, since I want to purchase that one as well. Are you also going to eventually pick up Amadeus?
BTW, very impressive DVD collection! Not only a good size, but more importantly, very good quality movies (for the most part :D)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I got Amadeus, Singin' in the Rain, and Cucko's Nest this week... haven't had a chance to watch Amadeus (maybe tomorrow) but I am GREATLY looking forward to it :)
I am watching Singin' right now actually, and I must say, it is EYE-POPPINGLY (is that a word?) GORGEOUS! :D

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Rob (Tomlin),
I did check Rob's (Lutter) list before recommending the Apartment, but did not recheck it before making my joke. :) I think Bridge on the River Kwai is a great choice. Just not as good as the Apartment. :)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
If you want the LE of Kwai you might want to pick it up asap. Its OOP but there should be a few around.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I agree with what Jim said regarding picking up Kwai asap since the LE is OOP.
I do not however, agree with what Jim said about The Beatles! (we should not even joke about them being overrated!) :)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Kwai doesn't appear to be OOP. Image Entertainment still lists it as "active" and it is available at both Amazon and DDD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks