What's new

What should I get in this situation? (1 Viewer)

Neal_C

Second Unit
Well, after looking at the fall primetime schedules, it looks as though there will be some conflicts for my wife and I. There will be several instances where we need to watch one show and record another in a different room, or record in 2 different rooms at the same time.

We currently have a Replay2000 serving the purpose, with vcr backup in the other room. Most of our shows are HD, so when I need to record, its either downconverted through s-video to the Replay or analog to the vcr in the other room.

My considerations are: dvd recorder in the main room and downconverting the hd shows via s-video to the dvd recorder; getting a new replay (only drawback is I really don't want to pay the monthly or lifetime fee); getting a tuner card for my gaming pc (SD only); or I could spend a little more and build an HTPC for HD timeshifting.

From a cost perspective, I think the HTPC is out, especially since I already have 2 pc's and I just got a new PB2+.

Any thoughts here?

DVD recorders will record from satellite boxes, right?

Thanks,

Neal

Neal_C

Second Unit
Ok, I went out looking at dvd recorders today and came home with an open box Panny HS2 for $600+tax. It seemed to have everything I wanted...hard drive, dvd burner, firewire..all in one, which I didn't seem to find in any other recorder.

Is $600 a good price for this unit, or should I wait for a newer unit to come out?

Thanks,

Neal

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks