What should I get $1000-$1500

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Rob Rosenberg, May 27, 2005.

1. Rob Rosenberg

Rob Rosenberg Auditioning

May 26, 2005
    Looking to get a tv. I just moved into a basement studio apartment. But I would like a relatively large sized screen. I was looking into getting a 32" LCD, found a westinghouse for $1400. Is westinghouse anygood? I don't want a bulky 150 pound+ tv. I want hdtv, widescreen. I was totally into getting a lcd, but then I saw some posts about projecters. How are those with Video games? dvd's? and hdtv? How far back must they be? Studio isnt huge, but I want something nice. Thanx in advance for any and all help.

2. Rob Rosenberg

Rob Rosenberg Auditioning

May 26, 2005
    actually it was $1500 for the westinghouse. model #

16:9 widescreen aspect ratio delivers a cinema-style entertainment experience

3-2 inverse pulldown for accurate reproduction of film-based sources

1366 x 768 pixel resolution; accepts all major DTV signals, including 1080i, 720p and 480p, plus standard 480i

Faroudja's DCDi (Directional Correlational Deinterlacing) eliminates jagged edges that appear with progressive-scan displays for a smoother picture

Wide 170° horizontal and vertical viewing angles make every seat the best in the house

Picture-in-picture lets you watch one source while you keep your eye on another

Ultraslim LCD measures less than 3-7/8" deep; comes with table stand or can be mounted on a wall (using an optional mounting kit)

Component video inputs make it easy to hook up a DVD player and optimize DVD output for stunning picture quality

Inputs: 2 composite video, 2 component video (Y, Pb, Pr), 1 S-video, 1 PC (RGB), 1 DVI-HDCP, 1 RF

Outputs: 2 audio, 1 headphone

2 built-in 5W stereo speakers and SAP/MTS stereo sound

8 ms response time

V-Chip parental controls keep children from being exposed to undesirable material

Other convenient features include closed caption and auto programming

Product Details

Warranty Terms - Parts 1 year limited

Warranty Terms - Labour 1 year limited

Product Height 25-1/2" (with stand); 23-1/2" (without stand)

Product Width 31-3/8"

Product Weight 34 lbs. (with stand); 30 lbs. (without stand)

Product Length 8" (with stand); 3-7/8" (without stand)

Screen Size 32"

Aspect Ratio 16:9

Display Type LCD

Digitally Compatible Yes

Digital Capabilities HD-ready

Pixels 1366 x 768

Contrast Ratio 1000:1

Brightness 550 cd/m²

Lamp Life Up to 50,000 hours

Digital Convergence Yes

Picture-In-Picture Yes

DVI Input Yes

S-Video Inputs 1

Component Video Inputs 2

Composite Input 2

RGB Input 1

Audio Outputs 2

Watts/Channel 9

Speakers 2

RF Antenna Input Yes

V-Chip Yes
  3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Feb 11, 2004
    Rob, projectors are great with all those sources. How far a projector is mounted from the screen is called the throw distance. It depends on the projector and how big of a screen you want. I have a 106" diagonal, 16:9 screen with my Infocus X1 projector and it's great. I use it for all our DVD viewing and occasional HDTV. You can use your wall as the screen, buy one, or make one for less than $40.00. You need to determine if you want DLP or LCD projector, and 4:3 or 16:9. For your needs,I recommend the Infocus 4805(DLP) projector. Check out Projectorcentral.com to read reviews and learn all about projectors.