What's new

What should I do with this speaker? (1 Viewer)

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
My current computer room setup contains a pair of AR-S50s as mains, a pair of AR-208Vs as rears, and an AR-C225PS center channel.
I have a single EXTRA AR-S50 speaker, its twin is now somewhere in the long lost void. Here's a link to the speaker:http://www.acoustic-research.com/s50_content.asp
I can't find a single place that sells them, and it is a discontinued product :angry:
Now, what in the world should I do with it??
I don't think anybody wants to buy it, it's too big to use as a center (I think?), and I don't have rear center support in my system.
My other option is to see if somebody wants to buy my mains and this extra speaker for a backup, but I don't know anybody that wants to do that...soo....ideas anyone? Or does anybody have some magical source for that single extra AR-S50?
EDIT: btw, it's still in its original packaging unopened, and its only use right now is being a stand for my left rear channel :D

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Have you tried contacting AR directly? I'm sure they'll know where to find one...or maybe someone who wants just one.

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
i vote you set it on fire and drop it off a high building or cliff. just make sure you record anything with a camcorder and post it on the internet

hey, you asked...

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
John:
Well, sort of, I asked accessories4less, and they pretty much buy all AR stock when they're discontinued. They asked AR and found that they couldn't get a hold of any...so no luck there :frowning:
David:
Tempting as that might sound, I think ejecting it full of fireworks from a human canonball launcher would look better :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks