What's new

What should I cover my box? (1 Viewer)

AdamWood

Agent
Ok, I have a 4.60cuft box going into my HT. Its approx, 40"H x 13.5"W x 17"D and I want to cover it with somthing that isnt going to set me back a lot. Im looking at veneer, vinyl tiles, and such. What should I do, and where can I get the materials for pretty cheap. Im looking to spend under 50ish to cover the box...

Jeff Meininger

Second Unit

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
if i ever get around to it, i will put some corner molding on my sub and paint it flat black, but time is of the essence till i head back to Orono

DaveKahler

Stunt Coordinator
I just did one half of my sub box yesterday with the parts express stuff (black ash, ran out of material for the other half, ordered more). I highly recommend this as a two-person job. One person should stretch out the vinyl as the other is putting it down with a j-roller.

I tried to do it myself, and kept getting bunches around where holes were (in my case, handle insets, I didn't even get to trying the 12" speaker cutout by myself!)

It does look quite good. I have one scratch on one side from where we were using a ruler to lay it down instead of the j-roller, so it's probably best to use something without a hard edge.

Good luck!

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
What the heck...I know I replied to this thread yesterday, and my post isn't here! (I don't think i said anything that would warrant the mods deleting it...)

But anyway, I was wondering how far the vinyl stretches? The flexy that I'm building will need 2.5 more inches on one level (4 out of 5 will be fine)...I'll have excess from other cutoffs, so I could just add that, but if I could stretch every less a little bit, then I might not have to. And it sounds like the applying of the vinyl is simple, so this seems like my best bet...thanks. :)

DaveKahler

Stunt Coordinator
It doesn't stretch a whole lot.. might be able to stretch it a centimeter per foot or something.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
hmph...thanks. Looks like I'll have to be really exact in order to have enough excess to cover the short part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks