What should I buy next?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Burkes, May 26, 2002.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Okay, everyone...I just got my XBox last Saturday, and along with the system, I bought a second controller, Halo, Dead or Alive 3, and Blood Omen 2 (which is not all that good...so far). I'm a college student home for the summer with a part time job, so money isn't as abundant for me as it is for many here. Anyway, I hadn't planned to get a new game until Morrowind came out, but tonight I got a massive tip at the restaurant where I work, and I'm going to celebrate by spending it (I just can't seem to keep money :b ). What game do you guys think I should add to my collection next and why? I thought about Project Gotham Racing, but it just sounds too hard for me. I don't have much patience and am not too good at racing games. Thanks for any suggestions!

Rob

2. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Jet Set Radio Future? Amped?

3. eric_shepearl

yeah, JSRF is a stunner. cel-shading beauty. [​IMG]
    But I don't think this game has much of a replay value. I got tired of it after about 4~5 days.
    I still think this game worth every penny for graphics/style and unique game-play.

4. Todd Schnell

Todd Schnell Second Unit

If your looking for a racer I would strongly consider Rallisport Challenge.
    If you have a HD display this game's graphics really shine.
    Very fun game with tons of courses.
    Uses the power of the X-Box nicely.

Todd

5. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

You could pick up Oddworld really cheap right now. Great game and you'll be able to save some of that tip for Morrowind [​IMG]
    Dean

6. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

Rallisport and/or Moto GP are HIGHLY recommended. [​IMG]

7. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Thanks for the suggestions. Can someone tell me if Rallisport Challenge is really hard and frustrating? I've checked it out, and it looks incredible. Like I said, though, I don't have too much patience or ability with racing games. I enjoy them until I get to the point where, no matter what I do, I can't seem to progress any further. Have you all gotten to that point with the game? Thanks!

Rob

8. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Well your last post takes away GunValkryie. You should rent a couple before you buy next:

RalliSport Challenge - not that hard at all, lots of fun
    JSRF - Can be frustrating, but great fun
    Spider-Man - good game easily worth a rent
    Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 - If you don't have this get it

9. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

Robert... rallisport can be challenging (paticularly in the later stages, but never to the point of controller throwing)... if you like sega rally then get this oone for sure.[​IMG]

10. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I can't seem to take Tony Hawk 3 out of my xbox. I would definately add that to your collection if you don't have it yet. Silent Hill 2 was pretty fun too.

11. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Hey, speaking of Tony Hawk 3-which of the characters is exclisive to the Xbox version? I played both the Xbox and Cube versions, and I could have sworn that I saw all of the characters I unlocked on the Cube on the Xbox...

12. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Chris, there is one Xbox-exclusive level called the Oil Rig, and one exclusive character called X-Ray. I heartily second Tony Hawk 3--only Halo has gotten more burn in my Xbox than TH. I think the term "replay value" was invented to describe the Tony Hawk series.

13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

Another vote for Tony Hawk 3. That game is so addicting that I almost have to stay away from it just because I know I won't be able to stop once I start playing. I sat down one Saturday afternoon thinking I'd just play it for an hour or so. Six hours later, I was still there doing the free skate mode, telling myself "just another couple of minutes" [​IMG]

14. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

at 25bucks (ebworld.com) Oddworld is hard to beat. You could then probably justify Oddworld and another game for the price of 75bucks. (not that Im trying to get you to spend your money...heheh)