What's new

What should consumers buy DS or PSP? (1 Viewer)

Rodrick

Second Unit
Future shop was sold out of DS's the opening day. But what Im hearing is some are going towards the PSP regardless of the unprotected screen, and size.

What are your thoughts? Mine are playing GT on a portable or Twisted Metal, or even Metal Gear Solid.
Also I like the Metroid, and playing on the brighter DS screen. But wow what Im reading on the size of the PSP screen.

MatS

Screenwriter
if you are only going to pick one I find it easy to wait till the PSP is released and then do a true comparison of both systems and software lineups as there is no killer reason to immediately own a DS

re: a unprotected screen on the PSP
I'm more wary of abuse to a screen by a stylus than I am to an uncovered screen

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
There is really no one answer to this question.

Buy whatever appeals to you more. I will probably be getting both as both have their share of future titles of features that appeal to me.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

As for the stylus' effect on the DS' screen, I think it is a legitimate concern, seeing as people exercise varying degrees of pressure when writing on a given surface.

Miles

Second Unit
Especially kids... My son is 7 years old and I'm not sure if I should take the stylus away from him as soon as he gets it. I'll at least sit down with him and make him understand the screen's delicate like the surface of a DVD.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
RE: The DS Touch Screen/Stylus...

The touch screen has a rather thick clear plastic coating. It's pretty hard to scratch up. In addition, there are stick-on screen protecters availble. The only way you'll scratch your DS screens is if you let them get scratched.

Rodrick

Second Unit
Buy both, but consumers and magazines say DS will win over PSP cause of these things.

-Battery Life
-Analog stick even though PSP does have it. It takes some getting used to, and where it is on the system
load times, game longevity
people buying it.

Rodrick

Second Unit
It was sold out everywhere the week it first came out. But today all stores carried them. Superstore had the best price but found out I am getting one as a gift for Xmas.

Yousaf

Second Unit
Nope...I just walked into EB the week of it's release and picked one up. Admittedly, they only had two left but they could be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks