What's new

What short lived show do you want from WB Archives? (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Hank
Many Happy Returns
Adam's Rib
The Little People
Sam Benedict
Assignment: Vienna

By the way, It's About Time is owned by MGM, not Warner, so you're not going to get it from Warner Archives.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
oldtvshowbuff said:
A Man Called Shenadoah, starring Robert Horton (Wagon Train), but Warners will have to look harder to find the missing masters of five lost episodes!
There aren't any "missing" episodes. Who at Warner told you that?

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I would have voted for FLO but technically it ran 2 reasons so I chose IT TAKES TWO instead. BTW, since the FLO episodes have been digitalized for a few years now I am confident WA will burn sets for those who want them after her character exits ALICE.

As for IT TAKES TWO, in Patty's autobiography she stated the show would have continued but ABC had too many WB shows on the air that season and one had to be axed. It was either them or a fifth season of BENSON, which would have given the latter enough episodes to get the syndication deal. We all know what happened.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I've read about those kinds of network choices before, but I didn't know about that one. But Benson wasn't a Warner Bros. show, so I wonder why those two series were the ones pitted against one another.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
FanCollector said:
I've read about those kinds of network choices before, but I didn't know about that one. But Benson wasn't a Warner Bros. show, so I wonder why those two series were the ones pitted against one another.
Oops, you're right. It was because both were Witt-Thomas-Harris shows. That was the issue.

Jay*W

Second Unit
The Fugitive remake with Tim Daly. I really enjoyed the pilot as a bonus feature on the new blu-ray of the 1993 Harrison Ford movie.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
That definitely makes sense. I have never seen It Takes Two, so I didn't realize it was a W/T/H show. Makes even more sense then that they would have gone with Benson.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
FanCollector said:
That definitely makes sense. I have never seen It Takes Two, so I didn't realize it was a W/T/H show. Makes even more sense then that they would have gone with Benson.
It was a cute show and got on the air because ABC had just cancelled W/T/H's MAKING A LIVING. I remember thinking the grandmother was hilarious. She was like a prototype for Rose Nylund, only older I suppose. I haven't seen it since 1983 so I don't know how well the writing would hold up, though the cast as you can see is certainly impressive.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I watched one on YouTube after reading your comments earlier today. Very recognizable as a Witt-Thomas-Harris show. The grandmother was Billie Bird who went and did the exact same thing for the last two years of Benson. It was a cute episode, if not especially hilarious. Helen Hunt really did a lot with a brief appearance.

cannon1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael
[*]The Smith Family - A short lived series 71-72 with Henry Fonda as a plain clothes Policeman - Father, also with Ron Howard as the son
[/list]

Nick Beal

Auditioning
Real Name
AB
GUNSLINGER 1961 Warner Brothers with Tony Young
HEC RAMSEY 1972 Universal with Richard Boone
KODIAK 1974 Warner Brothers with Clint Walker
McCLAIN'S LAW 1981 MGM Television with James Arness

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
JamesSmith said:
Beyond Westworld
I could definitely see that as a possibility, since I know that digital masters for that one should at least still be in existence (it was repeated in the US in the '90s and the UK in the 2000s).

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Scorch - a very short lived 1992 sitcom. Only three episodes aired before the ax fell. It was unfairly compared to ALF at the time, but I thought it was pretty hilarious. (The title character has long been part of ventriloquist Ronn Lucas' act.) Warners still owns all the Lorimar shows?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Nick Beal said:
GUNSLINGER 1961 Warner Brothers with Tony Young
HEC RAMSEY 1972 Universal with Richard Boone
KODIAK 1974 Warner Brothers with Clint Walker
McCLAIN'S LAW 1981 MGM Television with James Arness
Gunslinger and Kodiak are both owned by CBS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks