What's new

What set looks best and worst? (1 Viewer)

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious as to what sets people like/don't like based only on how they look side by side. I like the Raymond sets and although the MASH covers are not that good, they do look good side by side. The worst that I have are Futurama, there is no cinsitency.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
Region 2 releases of Deep Space 9 season sets look spectacular on the shelf. So does Farscape region 4 releases. Babylon 5 sets are inconsistent and not so good-looking side by side.

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator

I can only imagine how great all the Star Trek series look great on a shelf, but I refuse to pay the crazy prices they are asking for them. I'm waiting for them to hit $50.00/set, then I'm in.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Fururama looks bad side by side, but the box art on those sets is BEAUTIFUL! I agree that Raymond looks good side by side. The Home Improvment sets will probaly look good side by side since they have that unique box art that cuts off at the top. A also like the Home Improvment sets because they are so thin.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Charmed is going to look awkward on a shelf because Paramount is reverting to thin-packs for season 2, so 2-4 (my collection stops there) will be half the size of season 1

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Personally, I applaud Paramount's switch to thin-packs. When your collection grows beyond the mid-three-digits... well, I'll take all the space-saving packaging I can get from the studios. Though TV on DVD is less than one quarter of my collection, it accounts for half of the shelf space.

MacGyver Season two made the move to thins, as well.

-Scott

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I wonder why Warner is holding out when it comes to making the switch to slimcases.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I say the best-looking collection is X-Files. Having all 9 seasons side-by-side with the black backgrounds with various (metallic-looking) colors on the spines looks sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks