What's new

What series do you want so badly you would be willing to pay a premium price? (2 Viewers)

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
I would love for the following to be released complete and uncut on DVD or blu-ray:
The Pruitt’s of Southampton
The Paul Lynde Show
The Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour, Sonny Comedy Revue, Cher, The Sonny & Cher Show ( I have everything so far that has been released but complete and uncut would be the ultimate wish to have)

There are a lot of other shows I’d really like to see released but these ones are my present Holy Grails

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
These shows are among my holy grails, and I wouldn't mind paying a few hundred bucks for these shows complete and unedited.
Colt .45
Temple Houston
Tallahassee 7000
Shannon (1961-62)
Brothers Brannigan
Tightrope
Room For One More
The Court of Last Resort
Bachelor Father
Burns and Allen
Convoy

And how about a Dick Clark game show he hosted, entire run complete!
The Object Is

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm not sure Star Trek TOS would be a good fit for 4k. The blu-rays are incredible, and we're kinda at the limit of what high resolution would allow without detracting from the show. It's already obvious that the stunt people are not the actors.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
So many different people with different senses of taste in entertainment leads to incredibly long lists like this thread will be.

In the category of series that are out, and I own them, and they need upgrading, I'd list:
STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE
STAR TREK: VOYAGER
BARNABY JONES
LOU GRANT

In the category of shows that have not had decent DVD releases, but I own off-air-copies:
MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY
12 O'CLOCK HIGH
JOURNEYMAN
(out in R2, but not R1)

In the category of nothing out there, and I'd really like to see again in nicely remastered form:
TOPPER
THE PEOPLES' CHOICE

and my most wanted:
HENNESEY

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Adventures in Paradise
The People's Choice
Bachelor Father
77 Sunset Strip
Surfside 6
Bourbon Street Beat

The rest of My Little Margie
The rest of Burke's Law
Hennesey
Pete and Gladys
Grindl
The Third Man
The Rogues
The Baileys of Balboa
(not in German)
A complete
Make Room For Daddy

Would pay top dollar for any of the above.

Last edited:

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin

I remember one Sunday night, February 9th, 1964, my sister and I had a big argument because she wanted to watch The Beatles on Ed Sullivan (8pm-9pm) and I wanted to watch Grindl (8:30pm-9pm). (I just looked it up and the episode to be shown was titled Dial G for Grindl.) Well, my sister won out with help from my mother. I guess I'm okay with that now.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Most of my wish list that I would pay a premium price for are for 90's sitcoms:

The Single Guy
Hope & Gloria
George and Leo
Dear John
Major Dad
Empty Nest
The New WKRP In Cincinnati
The Sinbad Show
Suddenly Susan
Unhappily Ever After
Rude Awakening (Complete)
Anything But Love (Complete)
Nikki

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd also go for Empty Nest (per Darin's list above). And as someone else mentioned, the rest of Petticoat Junction. We're missing most of the Selma Plout years. :lol:

I'd also like the single season Complete Savages (2004-05) with Keith Carradine and cameos by Betty White (produced by Mel Gibson who also directed a few episodes). As I recall, I thought it was pretty funny. I still remember one exchange to this day that tickled me for some reason, when some of the boys are working in the school cafeteria (as punishment, after taking part in a food fight). Something like this:

Savage: (to kid in line) "Would you like some chocolate pudding?"
Cafeteria Lady: "No, hon, it's 'pud'n', not 'pudding'".
Savage: "What? Why?"
Cafeteria Lady: (points at the bowl) "Legally, we're not allowed to call that 'pudding'".
Savage: (to next kid) "Would you like some pud'n?"
Cafeteria Lady: (nodding) "Now you've got it."

Last edited:

Robert McNay

Agent
Real Name
Robert
I find it funny that so many have series on their wish lists that are already available on DVD or Bluray. They just have them listed because the resolution of the current sets aren't to their liking.
This is TV and until only recently, most TV shows were filmed at a resolution that, at best, was DVD quality. Extensive digital remastering would have to be done to upscale them, even just to basic Bluray levels. Essentially, most of them weren't filmed or recorded at a level that they would look any better having that done. Or they may look even worse being boosted like that.

In any case, here is my list. DVD or Bluray is fine with me.

The Green Hornet
The New WKRP in Cincinnati
The Avengers/The New Avengers
Doctor, Doctor (Matt Frewer's post Max Headroom series)
The Name of the Game
Marblehead Manor (Linda Thorson and a pre Seinfeld Michael Richards)

Last edited:

Santee7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
kirk
Pie in the sky, but...

So, I'm thinking in the $100 per season, or per single season series as the case may be, for a top quality DVD release...and that there are NO alternatives or limited/inadequate 'boots' of any substantial quality, or next to none...

Agree, firstly about The Defenders (4 seasons, 1961-65, CBS. Shout went it alone to give us season one).

Ben Casey (5 seasons, 153 episodes 1961-66, CBS) I have both volumes of season one as released by CBS-MOD, wish we could have the rest. Vince Edwards as the brilliant and self-sacrificing physician. Sam Jaffe as the wise elder. One of the best drama series of the 1960s B+W era, great guest stars and Raksin music.

Many are 20th Century Fox TV series (damn them)...

Adventures in Paradise (3 seasons, 91 episodes1959-62).
Gardner McKay as a South Seas seafaring bum, adventurer and general do-gooder. Packed with great guest stars and luscious babes, actual second unit French Polynesian scenery (with 5 episodes being filmed completely on location at Tahiti and Bora-Bora)...almost totally forgotten today, but a big hit at the time.

Follow the Sun (single season, 30 episodes 1961-62). A group of young Hawaii-based freelance investigative journalists (Barry Coe, Brett Halsey, Gary Lockwood, assisted by the luscious GiGi Perreau.) Tremendous and lush Lionel Newman instrumental theme. Roy Huggins producer.

Hong Kong (single season, 27 episodes 1960-61). Rod Taylor and Lloyd Bochner in Far East intrigue and adventure. Usual formula for success with great guest stars, beautiful babes and exotic locales, even if most of it was studio-bound. More exceptional Lionel Newman music.

12 O'clock High (3 seasons, 78 episodes 1964-67) War series based on the Oscar winning film. Great Dominic Frontiere music. Best current availability with current airings on Heroes and Icons cable channel, Youtube and decent 'boots'...but it would be great to have unedited and remastered from 35mm OCN.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run For Your Life (3 seasons, 85 episodes 1965-68) Ben Gazzara has a lot of livin' to do while he's dying. A globetrotter with a death sentence from his doctor lives fast on the road. Big guest stars and luscious babes. Roy Huggins producer. Perry Como's Roncom Films, now owned by Universal.

The Outsider (single season, 26 episode or 27 episode with pilot telefilm included, 1968-69) Dysfunctional, phobic ex-con private detective series with the great Darren McGavin. Roy Huggins (once again!) created and produced this ground-breaking series, a forerunner template for his later, immortal P.I. series The Rockford Files. Universal.

The New Breed (The QM company's first series, co-produced with Selmur, 36 episodes 1961-62) Leslie Nielsen leads an elite LAPD squad of high-tech detectives. Great guest stars. Great Dominic Frontiere music. Now apparently owned by CBS (?).

I too have big time love for The Jack Benny Program, Make Room For Daddy/Danny Thomas Show and The Bob Cummings Show/Love That Bob, but these seem even more improbable...even if some deep-pocketed "Criterion Collection" label for Classic TV presented themselves...which is what we would need, but without the snob factor...
The outsider, was the series where he kept the phone in the refrigerator?

Santee7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
kirk
I paid 150 dollars on ebay for all episodes of EZ Streets. Crime saga written by Paul Haggis. It was almost a precursor to Sopranos and The Wire. Great performances, script was amazing but I'm sure its that prickly soundtrack, an awsome soundtrack by the way, which would deny us to ever get anything beyond the three or four episodes on the dvd Brilliant but Cancelled. The copies of the episodes I got were in really poor shape but at least I was able to see how that first season would end. I would absolutely pay 200 for the full series in even half way decent condition.

pickin_grinnin

Auditioning
Real Name
Jesse
I would also like to see "Beavis and Butthead," complete and unedited, but only if they had all of the original music.

Also...

"Dark Secret of Harvest Home"

The "Fantastic Journey" TV show

My big holy grail, though, would be ALL the live action Sid & Marty Krofft shows (and the specials) on Blu-Ray, in one big set, with a significant amount of interviews, behind-the-scenes stuff, and other extras.

octobercountry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fred
The complete Hitchcock series, for sure.

Also, The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd, which I doubt will ever see a home video release due to music rights issues.

The original Tracey Ullman show from the 80s, which also has music rights issues and I suppose will never be released.

Santee7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
kirk
I would also like to see "Beavis and Butthead," complete and unedited, but only if they had all of the original music.

Also...

"Dark Secret of Harvest Home"

The "Fantastic Journey" TV show

My big holy grail, though, would be ALL the live action Sid & Marty Krofft shows (and the specials) on Blu-Ray, in one big set, with a significant amount of interviews, behind-the-scenes stuff, and other extras.
Dark Secret, yeah a great almost last bow from Bettie Davis she was great in that one, I have a very blurry vhs copy of that

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Inspector Morse: have just watched all episodes on Britbox in HD but BDs would be better.

Inspector Lewis: currently renting DVDs from Netflix but BDs would be better.

The Fugitive: I bought the DVD complete box set last summer and luvved every minute but BDs would be better.

Danger Man / Secret Agent Man: currently watching my A&E DVDs but BDs would be better.

maxfabien

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Walter
None. Never again. I have bought complete series of "Seinfeld", "Curb You Enthusiasm", the original "Superman", "Thriller", and "Queer As Folk". I binge watched each one when I got them, and haven't looked at them since, with the exception of a few of the classic "Seinfeld" episodes. It's a lot of money spent on "dust collectors".

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Adventures in Paradise
The People's Choice
Bachelor Father
77 Sunset Strip
Surfside 6
Bourbon Street Beat

The rest of My Little Margie
The rest of Burke's Law
Hennesey
Pete and Gladys
Grindl
The Third Man
The Rogues
The Baileys of Balboa
(not in German)
A complete
Make Room For Daddy

Would pay top dollar for any of the above.
Every one of these shows are on my list!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks