What seems to be the problem?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by David Watt, Aug 6, 2003.

1. David Watt

David Watt Auditioning

Hi!

I need some advice on this problem.
    Whenever i tried to play Warcraft3 on my CPU, it will run for a while before the entire computer "freezes" and hangs. I have already set the display quality to the lowest but this problem still persists.

There are also times, with other games, that patches of triangles or polygons just flash haphazardly across the screen throughout the games.

Am using a GeForce 2MX 32MB card. Is it that my card is failing? What seems to be the problem?

Thanks!

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

At first blush I would say either the drivers need updating or the card is overheating/failing, yes...

3. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

computer lock-ups and minor texture corruption are classic signs of overheating. try taking the side of the case off and putting a box fan or the like up to it to get a lot of airflow to the computer components and see if you can replcate your issues.

if that seems to fix the problem, you'll want to look into purchasing a couple more fans to improve internal air flow or a better heatsink and fan for the video card to keep it from overheating.

4. David Watt

David Watt Auditioning

hi!
    Thanks for the input. I doubt it is the driver 'cos i have just updated it. Will try whether cooling the components works.

Dave