What's new

what replacement Yamaha HTR to choose? (1 Viewer)

waltinbatonrouge

Auditioning
Real Name
Walt Zweifel
Good Morning and Happy New Year!

I'm looking for a replacement for my Yamaha HTR-5460. I've been very happy with it but would like built in XM.

I'm a bit confused as to the available Yamaha choices, but am figuring that since the intro of 6.1 and 7.1, and 8.1 and 9.1, the 5.1 AV receivers have come way down in price. I am considering the HTR-5930. It seems to be the only 5.1 from Yamaha with built in XM and its selling well below $200. Is this one worth buying?

Would I give up anything meaningful going from my old reliable 5460 to the new 5930 ?

thanks very much
walt in baton rouge

Fargof

Auditioning
Real Name
Austin Timm

Yamaha is a decent brand so I say go for it, although you should look at other brands also, Id say look at HK, Onkyo, and Teac, although im not sure if they still make recievers.

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Walt;
If you're looking to upgrade to a more current receiver that includes XM compatibility, will provide solid performance w/out breaking the bank, the Yamaha RX-V659 would be a nice upgrade.

Having iPod and XM features along w/pre-outs for external amplification, this provides some future-proofing (if that's ever possible w/electronics) while bringing you more up to date w/some of today's technology but still keeping the price fairly reasonable... -TD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks