What's new

What Remaining TV Westerns Do You Want to See Released? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Should be picked up and restored by Starz westerns.

Doesn't universal own this show? The recordings I have of the series are pretty rough. I don't remember this show ever having being re-broadcast. I would love to see Starz put it out. If it can get a release in 2019 someone must have been interested and wanted to test the waters.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
And show Branded uncut on Starz unlike the episodes on the dvd release. Complete Rawhide and all 4 seasons of the Wild Wild West on blu ray would be great!

I could see rawhide happening if Clint was to pass ( lord forbid). It's just a shame they won't dump these shows out that haven't ever been released. I'll literally take anything as long as it's not a bad vhs quality transfer. I like my outlaws collection but do want a slight better upgrade. The color season is in black and white.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
I am waiting for The High Chaparral ideally on BluRay but I would take a streaming version too. I know it has been remastered in HD.
That first season dvd by shout was iffy in terms of quality. A bluray release of bonanza I hope may trigger HC. I just wish Disney wasn't so pig headed and release lancer and other fox shows. Lancer and HC would look good in HD

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Never seen it but would like too, "The Man From Blackhawk".
Old West Insurance Investigator.
1683783190306.png

1683783241300.png

actionsub

Agent
Real Name
Mike Stidham
Two insults in one posting. Not nice. I'm not one to go complaining to the moderators but seriously, what does consider the source mean? Can you disagree with me, as always, without resorting to digs?

I think the only reason Cochise gets lumped in as a western is because of the name and people associate it with the character from Broken Arrow. Otherwise, its essentially the same show as Highway Patrol and State Trooper, just set in a different part of the country. Is US Marshall also considered a western as well?
Sheriff of Cochise and US Marshal are different seasons of the same show: Sheriff of Cochise was the first season; U S Marshal was the remaining seasons. After the first season, the lead character Frank Morgan (John Bromfield) was offered a post in the US Marshals Service office in Arizona.

That said, Sheriff/Marshal is now in the public domain, so DVD's of these episodes pop up often in these inexpensive "100 TV Westerns" box sets.

actionsub

Agent
Real Name
Mike Stidham
My guess it would be Tales of Wells Fargo very underrated western series of early television has yet to see a tsod release.maybe shout factory could looked into this tv western gem.
Prior to being absorbed into Shout Factory, Timeless had released the first and second seasons, as well as the final hour-long color season.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Apart from Rawhide and The Wild Wild West on Blu-Ray,
I wish they could restore the prints of Branded and Cimarron Strip.

I watched the Cimarron Strip episode "Nobody" on Saturday on Fawesome. They listed the run time of their CS episodes as 75-76 minutes, which would be uncut as compared to the DVDs' shorter times, but they plopped in anywhere from 2 to 8 commercials at random spots instead of the proper places.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
I watched the Cimarron Strip episode "Nobody" on Saturday on Fawesome. They listed the run time of their CS episodes as 75-76 minutes, which would be uncut as compared to the DVDs' shorter times, but they plopped in anywhere from 2 to 8 commercials at random spots instead of the proper places.
Does anyone know by chance why the episodes were shortened on DVD? The quality of the shows dvds are about the same as the encore showings. H&I actually had some HD prints of the show

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

Apart from Rawhide and The Wild Wild West on Blu-Ray,
I wish they could restore the prints of Branded and Cimarron Strip.
John Cimarron Strip was restored to 4x3 HD in 2015. The snybible last update on 1/22/15 does state. This series has been transferred into HD and has the following masters: Network 4x3 HD. See attachment below. synbible.cbstvd
Dan never heard of Fawesome before. Seems to be no end to these streaming services.
Does anyone know by chance why the episodes were shortened on DVD? The quality of the shows dvds are about the same as the encore showings. H&I actually had some HD prints of the show
I'm guessing those were early syndicated prints. And we discussed this previously over here, remember? You found that YT video.

Attachments

• CIMARRON STRIP (1967-1968) Syndication Bible.pdf
    116.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks